We are currently seeking a Director of People Operations to join our People team in Toronto or Vancouver.
What your team does:
Clio’s People Team is on a mission to build and scale a company that is both human and high-performing. Our People Operations team are the architects behind Clio’s people systems and processes and are key players in our scaling challenge. They are the guardians of our HR tech stack, our compensation philosophy and review process, and our people analytics engine.
People Operations is critical to creating an environment that will enable Clions to do the best work of their lives, and feel engaged, supported, and joyful while doing it. As a key member of our People Leadership Team, you will contribute your vision, strategy, and tactical expertise to helping our team put a permanent dent in the universe!
A day in the life might look like:
- Shape the vision, strategic direction, and tactical roadmap for the People Operations function at Clio;
- Hire, develop, and manage a small team of People Operations professionals;
- Work cross functionally with key business stakeholders and senior leadership to develop, lead and execute key People Operations processes and projects;
- Champion the pursuit of operational excellence at scale across all back-end processes and workflows associated with people;
- Design and implement an effective operational infrastructure that supports our leaders and People Business Partners in making strategic people decisions, hiring forecasts, and growth plans for the future;
- Own the evolution of Clio’s Talent System (including development, progression and compensation) and Total Rewards strategies and iterate on the relevant processes to ensure we are competitively attracting and retaining top talent;
- Shepherd the evolution of our People Analytics capabilities, using existing and yet-to-be-collected People data to enable better decision-making across the business;
- Successfully implement a new HRIS to help us scale from a company of 500 employees to 1000+ employees;
- Act as a subject matter expert for our People Business Partners, Talent Acquisition team, Payroll specialists, and hiring managers in conversations and decisions related to compensation, job evaluation, and related people operations;
- Represent People Operations on the People Leadership Team and, as needed, in front of the Clio Executive team and Board of Directors.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- 7-10 years experience in the People function of a rapid-growth tech company, including subject matter expertise in HR Systems/Tools, Compensation, and/or People Analytics;
- Experience managing teams with a track record of high-performance (bonus if you have experience managing managers);
- A “systems thinking” mindset and ability to help define the right order of operations for key People projects;
- Experience working cross-functionally on organizational change initiatives of significant size, scope, and budget;
- Ability to operate autonomously or in close collaboration with other leaders, as needed;
- A vision for a best-in-class total compensation strategy;
- Deep knowledge of best practices in compensation (including equity, base compensation and variable pay practices), People analytics, People project management and People Development/Leadership;
- Experience leading change management efforts for complex HRIS/HCM implementations (e.g., Workday, UltiPro, ADP, etc);
- Experience building dashboards that can take complex metrics and display them in a way that is understandable and actionable;
- Advanced-level spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets or Excel).
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize/adapt quickly to changing priorities;
- Hustle and humility. We prioritize our incredible culture, and want you to be a cultural champion!
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Good understanding of database concepts, including the ability to write SQL queries;
- Experience with Workday or Ceridian;
- Familiarity with Compensation Surveys - Radford.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers