We are currently seeking a Content Strategy Manager to join our Marketing team in Vancouver, Toronto, or elsewhere in Canada. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
What your team does:
Join our growing, award-winning Content and Communications team and drive our business goals by helping everyone on our Marketing team keep SEO best practices top of mind. You’ll be part of a team that values excellence and initiative, loves testing, and cares about results. Your work will have an immediate and meaningful impact, and you will be supported along your career journey to take chances and grow into the professional you want to be.
Clio’s Content and Communication team handles some of the most impactful and exciting projects at Clio, including the launch of CEO Jack Newton’s first book, the creation of our award-winning and extensively cited Legal Trends Report, and the management of our industry-leading blog that’s read by thousands of legal professionals each month. You’ll be joining an exceptional, highly-motivated group of content marketers that is wonderful to work with—this team received Clio’s 2020 Team of the Year award for incredible performance and teamwork. The opportunity to build out our SEO team within this group is second to none, and you’ll be well-supported and encouraged by our amazing team along the way.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a talented, experienced writer and editor that is passionate about managing and growing teams to reach business goals via SEO. You have a solid knowledge of SEO and Google ranking factors. You prioritize impact over perfection, but you know what good writing looks like and have outstanding editing and proofreading skills that you can harness to capture the nuances of different topics to meet search intent—and you’re able to clearly communicate that knowledge and train a team of writers and editors. You have a keen understanding of the marketing funnel and how SEO fits into it, and are excited about increasing organic search at the top of the funnel. You’re able to inspire team members and support them in their success. You bring a level of excellence to the table that will add to Clio’s brand recognition and leadership position in the legal technology space.
A day in the life might look like:
- Manage our Content Strategists and other SEO content team members, including setting goals and providing feedback.
- Build out and scale our team to ensure we meet our SEO goals.
- Manage and support our Content Strategists in driving our overall content SEO strategy and focus, working closely with other members of the Marketing team.
- Work with our in-house digital strategy team and SEO agency to monitor performance and regularly identify and prioritize new SEO opportunities and experiments
- Support our Content Strategists to strategically prioritize keyword topics based on search volume, competitiveness, and relevance to Clio’s brand and business goals. You’ll also work with this team to identify new search trends and opportunities.
- Support our backlink strategy by working with other teams on opportunities to promote content and drive links. This includes working with our Backlink Strategist on guest posts and opportunities, and ensuring they are set up for success.
- Project manage and prioritize SEO content projects effectively and accurately, working with writers, designers, developers, and other partners, both in-house and offsite.
- Provide guidance to the rest of the Marketing team on SEO best practices and processes.
- Manage our freelance budget, contributor/freelance contracts, and contributor guidelines. You’ll also support our Blog Editor in managing contributor relationships as needed.
- Write and edit as needed to support a variety of content goals.
You may be fit for this role if you have:
- A degree in Communications, Journalism, or English.
- 7-9 years of experience writing and editing content, and a minimum of 3 years experience managing a team and leading content projects (either in-house or agency).
- Experience scaling a team
- Solid understanding and work experience in content writing, content marketing, and SEO keyword research and best practices.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on the ins and outs of niche industries (in this case, the legal industry) and share key knowledge with teams of writers and editors.
- Experience editing both freelance and in-house writers and writing detailed content briefs.
- Analytical skills to dig into website data and track content performance.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and projects at once.
- Strong ability to lead and mentor others and set them up for success
- Proactive, organized, and collaborative teammate.
- Proven experience with editorial SEO and crafting content that ranks and converts, including case studies in which you implemented SEO best practices to a brand and saw results.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with B2B tech/SaaS
- Solid understanding of technical SEO
- Experience with SEO tools
- Experience related to the legal industry
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all. We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture. At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers