We are currently seeking a Staff Software Developer to join one of our Client Experience teams. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
We are creating a new market category with our Client Experience (CX) portfolio. This collection of products and features aims to revolutionize the legal industry by helping lawyers deliver client-centric experiences that improve the accessibility of legal services, elevates the experiences of clients dealing with a legal issue, and ultimately transforms the practice of law. This is a rapidly growing portfolio that we believe will be a key driver in Clio’s growth over the next decade.
A day in the life might look like:
- Working with a team of developers to solve complex problems and provide elegant solutions to Clio customers;
- Working in an agile development environment;
- Using a wide variety of technologies, learning new things, and challenging yourself;
- Participating in diverse projects and collaborating with multiple engineering teams across three countries;
- Reviewing code and having your code reviewed; mentoring and being mentored by other Clio developers. Thrive as #TeamClio.
- Doing the best work of your life, enjoying collaborating with your coworkers,
- Playing a role in transforming the practice of law, for good.
What you may have:
- 7+ years experience in software development, specifically with building web applications at scale and Ruby on Rails;
- The ability to master new technologies quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that includes distributed teams and customers;
- Demonstrated success in mentorship in software development, particularly using an Agile process and with large scale SaaS products;
- A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects); and
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build trusted relationships with fellow Clions and customers.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.