We are currently seeking a Manager of IT Support to join our IT team in Burnaby, British Columbia.
The IT team’s mission is foundational to how we get work done at Clio, our team has a meaningful and lasting impact. We’re focused on facilitating the best possible experience for our Clio talent, providing the right tools at the right time to further Clio’s mission of changing the practice of law, for good. Not only are we facilitating the best possible experience but we are moving past the traditional IT Services group “fighting fires”, we are always looking for ways to proactively automate and save our employees precious time. By supporting our internal customers, we find ways for employees to spend more time helping our Customers.
A day in the life might look like:
- Managing a team of IT Specialists, you will be responsible for creating an environment where your team can do their best work. You are responsible for hiring, performance coaching, developing, and training your team.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT Support team, which assists users in solving problems including but not limited to hardware, software, networks, and peripherals.
- Working hands-on with the IT Specialists, acting as a point of escalation for customer issues, supporting your team in finding solutions to complex problems.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with teams across the business.
- Directs and leads by example, ensuring the team follows pre-established helpdesk policies, practices, and procedures.
- Leading service delivery strategy and technical roadmap, ensuring its integration with overall IT and organizational strategic plans.
- Work closely with the IT Projects team to keep project tracking current.
- Vendor management, including procurement, security reviews, renewals, and escalations.
- Lead projects focused on continuously improving IT Services.
- Facilitate escalations as necessary to IT Systems, IT Projects, Production Engineering, and Security.
- Partner with IT leads to ensure consistent service delivery globally.
- Development and maintenance of team and service KPIs.
- Assist with budgeting and departmental strategy.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Extensive experience in managing a team of IT professionals responsible for supporting multi-site IT operations.
- Strong communication skills necessary to motivate and manage a team of IT professionals as well as building relationships with internal teams.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Support experience in Windows and macOS.
- Good understanding of IP Networking concepts (LANs, WANs, DNS, DHCP, etc).
- Team/results-oriented, flexible, proactive, self-starter.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a Distributed by Design workplace, which means a workplace that is built around you. This means that Clio offers employees the opportunity to work from one of our offices or in a distributed manner across Canada. At Clio, distributed working has been built into our culture from day one, with teams (and, at times, founders) distributed across provinces and time zones.
We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are set up to succeed no matter where they live in Canada. Our goal is that team members who choose to work from home or from a city where we do not have an office do not feel like remote employees because everyone is considered distributed.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law, for good - in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. We’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19. Not to mention we founded the best conference in legal.
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career, but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers