We are seeking a Content Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team in Dublin. This role can be performed from our Dublin office, remotely across Ireland, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
Clio’s Dublin team drives our EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) expansion and is home to product development, sales, marketing, and customer success. The team operates like a startup within a larger company, which means we experiment and blaze the trail for Clio in new markets around the world.
We are looking for someone who is interested in playing a critical role in a close-knit, supportive team as we strive to become the UK market leader in Legal Technology. This team is hyper-focused on enabling our customers’ success at every interaction point with Clio. We are a dedicated team who enjoy what we do and are serious about truly making a positive impact on our customers’ businesses.
Join our Marketing team leading the expansion of Clio in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. You’ll be collaborating with our award-winning global Content and Communications team to drive the growth of the business in EMEA. You’ll be part of a team that values excellence and initiative, loves testing, and cares about results. Your work will have an immediate and meaningful impact, and you will be supported along your career journey to take chances and grow into the professional you desire to be.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a talented, experienced writer and editor that is passionate about growing an international expansion via content marketing. Reporting to our Senior Growth Marketing Manager, EMEA, you have the ability to write compelling content, plan out effective distribution, and lead our content strategy across a variety of mediums. You prioritise impact over perfection, but you know what good writing looks like and have outstanding editing and proofreading skills that let you capture the nuances of different topics that speak to our target audience. You have a curious mind and an ability to give target audiences exactly what they’re looking for. You are great at balancing content production and distribution whilst adapting quickly to new insights and opportunities. You have a keen understanding of the marketing funnel and how SEO fits into it, and are excited about increasing organic search at the top of the funnel. You bring a level of excellence to the table that will add to Clio’s brand recognition and leadership in the legal technology space.
What you’ll be doing:
- Tell the stories of Clio and our customers through a variety of content mediums including: case studies, testimonials, and video success stories.
- Establish and curate relevant thought leadership themes to inform our messaging across various campaigns.
- Drive our EMEA content strategy and focus, working closely with other members of the marketing team.
- Craft and proof any content created specifically for the UK and Ireland to make sure it adheres to style guidelines, local language, and brand tone.
- Owning and executing on our content distribution strategy to maximise its reach. This includes working with our law society, integration, and media partners to identify opportunities to collaborate and finding creative ways to leverage their channels for content distribution.
- Conduct research on the UK legal industry to draw insights and use them to guide our content creation.
- Take charge of localised social media posts for the UK and Ireland.
- Collaborate with other content team members and partner with the design team to produce customer, prospect, and sales enablement materials (emails, scripts, and event content).
- Support our product marketing team in localising and creating content for feature releases in the EMEA region.
- Monitor performance and regularly identify and prioritise opportunities to update existing content and core site pages to increase competitiveness in search results, with strategies driven by competitive keyword research.
- Create a region-specific blog calendar and work with our in-house blog editor to localise relevant blog content, as well as, managing freelance writers to produce content, and promoting content by delivering detailed updates to our content strategy and detailed briefs for posts including competitive keyword research.
- Support our backlink strategy by working with other teams on opportunities to promote content and drive links.
You should have:
- A degree in professional writing, eg. Communications, Journalism, or English.
- 5+ years of experience writing and editing content.
- Solid understanding and work experience in content writing, content marketing, and SEO keyword research.
- Proven experience with editorial SEO and crafting content that ranks and converts.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Wordpress.
- Analytical skills to dig into website data and track content performance.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience editing freelance writers and writing detailed content briefs based on competitive keyword research.
- Proven experience conducting interviews with subject matter experts and incorporating authoritative quotes into pieces to support our key messaging.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on the ins and outs of niche industries (in this case, the legal industry).
- Ability to work independently.
- Proactive, organised, and collaborative teammate.
Nice to have:
- Experience with B2B tech/SaaS
- Experience with social media
- Experience working with teams across multiple time zones
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with the legal industry
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices in Ireland, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all. We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture. At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers