We are currently seeking a Junior Accountant to join our growing Finance team in the Greater Vancouver Area.
Our Finance team is hyper-focused on becoming one of the most high performing teams in the world. That means we work hard, play for keeps, and dedicate ourselves to making sure #TeamMoney thrives as we scale. You will be joining a high performing and hard-working team that values having fun at work. We strive to meet our deadlines, but as with all accountants - we worship balance as well. Your position will be an integral part of the team.
Who you are
We’re expanding quickly and seeking a Junior Accountant to support our accounts payable and month-end close tasks. You’ll be working with a team that values excellence and initiative. We reward people who work hard, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about Accounting & Finance and want to make an impact.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the accounts payable inbox, scan invoices and statements, and all supporting documentation as necessary;
- Manage electronic accounting documents, which includes: invoices, receipt documentation, vendor banking information, vendor credit applications and other ad-hoc corporate documents;
- Own the invoice approval process by coordinating with various departments to ensure all invoices are properly approved;
- Code invoices and employee expense reports to correct GL accounts in a timely and accurate manner;
- Manage the creation and maintenance of vendor records;
- Reconcile vendor statements and communicate with vendors and/or internal departments regarding discrepancies or issues;
- Prepare weekly payment runs, which includes: cheque, wire, EFT, ACH, SEPA and BACs payments;
- Perform semi-monthly credit card reconciliations, by working with stakeholders across the Company to ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and proper documentation of all charges incurred;
- Manage the prepaid expense schedule;
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies and provide recommendations on potential cost saving opportunities; and,
- Support other Finance team members with the month-end close and other ad-hoc projects.
You should have:
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any capacity but in business/accounting preferred;
- Previous AP experience is an asset, but not necessary;
- A team player attitude;
- An intermediate proficiency with Excel;
- A passion for your ability to deliver accurate results; and,
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience using software such as NetSuite, ApprovalMax, Nexonia is a plus!
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest private tech financing in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million US dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.