We are currently seeking a Manager, Migrations and Data Processing to join our Customer Enablement team in Burnaby.
The Migrations and Data Processing team at Clio, as part of our Customer Success Department, play a critical role helping new customers bring their most valuable practice information with them from their old systems. This can range from exporting data, processing data and importing data. Extract, transform, and load are terms often used by the team. This team is a key part of our customer onboarding function at Clio and works closely with our training and onboarding team striving to offer the most effortless experience possible to our customers.
There are lots of opportunities for both process and tooling improvements. We assist customers directly and indirectly by supporting our Customer Enablement team and working with our Product team to automate the right parts of this process for our customers. Our current team is a motivated and smart bunch who are eager to make an impact with our customers and the overall team operations. We have the support of a great Product team and we are positioned to make big strides through 2021 and beyond.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Enablement, we are looking for a positive, solutions-focused leader with a can-do attitude. A leader who can champion the customer across the organisation and influence change in a positive and motivating manner. An innovator, a builder and a coach who will work with this team and cross-functionally for the benefit of our customers.
Who you are:
- A leader, a coach, a person with high standards and superior customer service skills
- A communicator who is radically candid and can express themselves in a clear, concise, and empathetic manner
- Driven to help customers succeed, especially when the situation gets challenging
- Good technical capability and an appetite for continuous learning and self-improvement
- Someone with strong time management skills, and the ability to multitask
- Someone who can lead by example with patience, understanding, and compassion
- Ability to exercise strong judgment, tact, and discretion, and can be entrusted with confidential information
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a human and high performing team by motivating, engaging and developing team members through meaningful careers at Clio;
- Coach and develop our data migrations team leads on their path towards becoming world class leaders;
- Cultivate a strong relationship with our Migrations Product Team, helping to collaborate and prioritize the most impactful items for the team and Clio customers;
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Enablement leadership to drive end to end improvements and ensure customers receive a successful and effortless data migration experience;
- Empower team members to leverage their technical and process skills to build the long term solutions to team scalability;
- Live and role model the Clio company Core Values;
- Build a Data Migrations and Processing team that provides effortless transitions into Clio for our new customers;
- Assist in implementing a pro service mentality, developing a deep understanding of the overall workflow to make best use of time and tactical projects to drive efficiencies;
- Conduct regular 1:1’s, team meetings and coaching sessions.
- Own the overall operational efficiency, tooling and processes of the data migrations team, driving meaningful improvements in time-to-close and other KPI’s;
- Shape the strategic direction of the team in collaboration with the Director of Customer Enablement, the Data Migrations Team Leads and broader Data Migration team;
- Identify and lead the highest impact team projects and cross functional initiatives;
- Ensure consistent, reliable documentation across the team, making use of KCS Knowledgebase, Confluence, Google Drive & Github;
- Own the success of the overall flow of exports, data transformations and imports, from various source programs into Clio, ranging from low to high complexity;
- Provide superb customer service throughout the data migration process as measured by Csat surveys;
- Build in depth, first hand experience with the data migrations tech stack and processes to be able to craft the most effective team roadmap, and serve as a subject matter expert when speaking with customers and internal stakeholders;
- Lead the team to develop consistent, high quality processes around the design, development, and testing of data transformation, extraction, and other migration activities;
- Take ownership of customer complaints and concerns, and help the team identify root causes to reduce escalations;
- Gain a deep understanding of and staying up to date with the Clio product and common workflows.
What you need:
- 4+ years leadership experience
- Demonstrable track record of scaling teams and building efficiencies
- 2-3 years of experience with data migration/transformation
- Expertise with CSV, JSON and SQL databases
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Customer/Technical Service/Support experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience leading teams in a high growth, high change environment
- Developed leaders on your teams
- Experience working with product teams to create innovative solutions to operational problems
- Experience in a professional services environment
- Expertise with Python and Rails
- Previous experience with legal industry or legal technology services
- Experience working with API-driven applications
- Tier 2 or 3 Customer or Technical Support experience
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers.