Clio is changing the way lawyers manage their practice and we’re seeking a Senior Design Researcher to join our growing team. This is a remote position. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
We believe solid, rigorous research is pivotal to crafting a shared understanding that helps inspire, design, and build the products that fuel Clio’s mission of transforming the practice of law. We’re looking for a deeply curious senior design researcher who believes that research is a team effort and that empathy, passion, and storytelling are foundational to creating great experiences.
- You know how to conduct qualitative research and uncover insights on our customers' needs and pain points. You can partner with designers and product managers to build a more efficient and humane experience across our products.
- You are passionate about generative research. You know that we may be answering the wrong questions and are not afraid to dig a little further to uncover the right questions.
- You can build positive relationships with our product teams and do not shy away from sharing some uncomfortable truths about what we’re doing.
- You can synthesize research findings, in an engaging and actionable way! You have great storytelling capabilities and can help the organization better understand what drives and motivates Clio’s customers. You are adept at sharing the right level of insight depending on the stakeholder you are talking to.
- Like us, you are totally behind the idea that everyone should participate in research and you take that to heart.
You should have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong experience in qualitative research, with an emphasis on shipping useful and usable products.
- A portfolio that clearly demonstrates your ability to tackle complex problems on behalf of users and in collaboration with your peers in the product organization.
- Strong skills applying multiple research methodologies, including data collection, analysis and synthesis.
- You have a high level of comfort working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity
- You have experience working with high level stakeholders and the ability to communicate key research insights at various fidelities
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career, but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers