We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager to join our Mobile development team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
What your team does:
The Mobile team at Clio is focused on delivering reliable and scalable mobile products that enable our customers to do their best work no matter where they are. We have also recently released a client-facing mobile app extending our reach beyond law firms, and further compounding the incredible impact Clio is having in the legal industry.
We care about creating an accessible codebase where all our development teams at Clio can contribute to our mobile products at scale while maintaining the high quality product that our customers demand.
A day in the life might look like:
- Merging and deploying a pull request that you opened earlier and got reviewed;
- Working with your team on preparing an architecture document for an upcoming project;
- Having a 1:1 meeting with your direct reports to make sure they are supported in their career growth and development goals;
- Working with the developers on your team to break down a project into deliverable chunks of work;
- Reviewing code contributed by members from your team or other Clio developers reaching out to you for your experience with a given technology or pattern;
- Giving great feedback on code reviews, architecture documents, and more to help support team members making great technical decisions for your team projects;
- Contributing to or even driving larger changes to processes and workflows within your team or the broader development organization;
- Communicating and coordinating with our systems engineering and product teams to share new changes rolling out as well as gather insights into what struggles they’re having that we can deliver code to help with
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have a background in hands-on software development using native or cross-platform mobile frameworks, specifically with building mobile applications at scale;
- Have demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly with large scale SaaS products;
- Possess a diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- Are curious and have a drive to explore different approaches when solving problems;
- Are able to describe successful projects you worked on, as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects; and
- Have a demonstrated ability or desire to learn how to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent.
Don’t have all of those? The most important part of this job is that you approach new challenges with curiosity and a drive to apply what you learn to fixing root causes, not just symptoms. Deep curiosity and a desire to learn will help you succeed in this job, combined with a drive to help others by shipping code.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- Ideas on how to successfully scale and grow a development organization; and
- Experience with large Rails applications, database optimization and performance, automating developer tasks and best practices, and/or building developer-facing tools.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a Distributed by Design workplace, which means a workplace that is built around you. This means that Clio offers employees the opportunity to work from one of our offices or in a distributed manner across Canada. At Clio, distributed working has been built into our culture from day one, with teams (and, at times, founders) distributed across provinces and time zones. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are set up to succeed no matter where they live in Canada. We want all team members to feel like they're able to do their best work here, and we're committed to supporting that whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We consider ourselves to be high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career, but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers/.