What your team does:
The Accounting Team’s core goal is to enable law firms to stay compliant and financially organized. We do this by building out third party syncs with mainstream accounting software such as QuickBooks Online and Xero and building bookkeeping tools to help law firms take control of their finances, so they can get back to what they do best.
A day in your life might look like:
- Working with a team of developers to solve complex problems and provide elegant solutions to Clio customers;
- Working in an agile development environment;
- Working full-stack using a wide variety of technologies, learning new things, and challenging yourself;
- Participating in diverse projects and collaborating with development teams across three countries;
- Reviewing code and having your code reviewed; mentoring and being mentored by other Clio developers. Thrive as #TeamClio.
- Actively finding ways to share your experience in the Clio development community.
- Doing the best work of your life, enjoying collaborating with your coworkers,
- Playing a role in transforming the practice of law, for good.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- You have a strong idea of what quality looks like, and hold yourself accountable to that. You assist your peers, department, and organization in meeting that standard.
- You are able to master new technologies quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that includes distributed teams and customers.
- You have a broad knowledge base that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems
- You are a leader, a teacher, and a role model for the people around you.
- You can see around corners, solving problems before they have a chance to come up.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with any of our tech stack (Ruby on Rails, Typescript, AngularJS, React Native)
- Experience writing software at scale
Clio is currently transitioning to a Distributed by Design workplace, which means a workplace that is built around you. This means that Clio offers employees the opportunity to work from one of our offices or in a distributed manner across Canada. At Clio, distributed working has been built into our culture from day one, with teams (and, at times, founders) distributed across provinces and time zones. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are set up to succeed no matter where they live in Canada. We want all team members to feel like they're able to do their best work here, and we're committed to supporting that whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers