We are currently seeking a People Business Partner (HR Business Partner) to join our People Team.
Clio’s People Team focuses on creating a truly exceptional workplace that is both human and high-performing. People Business Partnerships supports this through forward-thinking HR practices -- providing performance consultation, leadership development, and employee relations advice to leaders of all levels across the company.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who is excited about high-growth, who lights up at the prospect of supporting new and seasoned leaders, and who is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help us build and scale our human and high-performing organization!
What you will be doing:
- Operate as a strategic consultant to your business partner client groups by partnering closely with leaders who are currently distributed across Canada, US and Ireland.
- Build strong trusted relationships and credibility across all levels of business line management.
- Partner with the Senior People Business Partner, Product and Engineering on performance management, talent, compensation and other processes as it relates to your partner organizations.
- Coach and advise managers on performance management, employee leaves, feedback, employee development and career pathing.
- Work closely with our Talent Acquisition, Talent Acceleration, and Employee Experience teams to provide a seamless and world-class employee journey.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of broader People Programs and processes such as Onboarding, Performance Development, Talent Planning, Leadership Development, Total Compensation, and more.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of employment legal requirements, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal counsel as needed/required.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations matters and investigations as required.
- Championing our human and high-performing culture.
What you should have:
- 1-3 years of experience working in an HR Generalist or People Business Partner capacity in a People/HR function.
- Experience in navigating dynamic and fast-growth technology/software environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style.
- The ability to successfully strike the right balance of being an advisor to the business but also an advocate for employees; managing through ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and organization.
- Mastered radical candor with your audiences, and feel confident sharing feedback, ideas and perspectives to drive the right results.
- A healthy desire for change and a high level of agency, enabling you to work through challenges and adapt to the environment around you.
Bonus points if you have:
- Global HR experience
- Experience working with Google Suite
- Workplace Investigation training and/or experience
- CHRL, CPHR, SHRM, or SPHR designations
- Business partner experience with Product and Engineering
At Clio, we're more than just a tech company. We're transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that's bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we've launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that's a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we're committed to making an impact. If that's something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers