We are seeking a Senior Ruby Developer to join our Dublin based Engineering team. This role can be performed from our Dublin office, remotely across Ireland, or a combination of both.
As a developer at Clio you can expect a fast paced role that offers many interesting challenges to solve. You will be a valued member of a collaborative team and the work you do will play a major role in transforming the practice of law for good.
Clio’s Dublin team drives our EMEA expansion and is home to product development, sales, marketing, and customer success. The team operates like a startup within a larger company, which means we experiment and blaze the trail for Clio in new markets around the world.
We are looking for someone who is interested in playing a critical role in a close-knit, supportive development team as we strive to become a market leader. This team is focused on shaping the future product roadmap for international markets. Working as part of this team affords you the opportunity to own projects from inception to deployment allowing you to become a subject matter expert.
A day in your life might look like:
- Working with a distributed team of developers to solve complex problems and provide solutions to Clio customers;
- Working in an agile development environment;
- Working as part of a full-stack team using a wide variety of technologies, solving cool problems, and challenging yourself;
- Participating in diverse projects and collaborating with development teams across three countries;
- Reviewing code and having your code reviewed; mentoring and being mentored by other Clio developers.
- Actively finding ways to share your learned experience with colleagues and beyond.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- You have a strong idea of what quality looks like, and hold yourself accountable to that. You assist your peers, department, and organisation in meeting that standard.
- You have hands on experience with Ruby on Rails, Typescript, React and/or Angular.
- You have a passion to learn new technologies and work effectively in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that includes distributed teams and customers.
- You possess a growth mindset that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems.
- You are a leader, a teacher, and a role model for the people around you.
Where your team works
Clio is currently transitioning to a Distributed by Design workplace, which means a workplace that is built around you. This means that Clio offers employees the opportunity to work from one of our offices or in a distributed manner across Ireland. At Clio, distributed working has been built into our culture from day one, with teams (and, at times, founders) distributed across provinces and time zones. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are set up to succeed no matter where they live in Ireland. We want all team members to feel like they're able to do their best work here, and we're committed to supporting that whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices.
In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time ($250M), and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
Here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark;
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you, with the support of your leaders;
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending;
- A pension matching program;
- Regular Zoom chats, virtual coffees and lunches with team activities;
- A monthly wellness stipend;
- A work from home stipend to optimize your remote workspace;
- Stock options.