We are currently seeking a Research Operations Lead to join our Customer Insights team in Burnaby, Calgary or Toronto.
As the Research Operations Lead at Clio, you will be orchestrating the system of People Who Do Research (PWDR) on customers. You will be supporting our team by evangelizing their research and surfacing customer insights for research-informed decisions at all levels of the organization. With a customer experience mindset for the end-to-end customer journey, you will build the strategic vision on how to conduct, store, and utilize qualitative and quantitative research regarding our customer base.
You have a background in UX research, systems design, customer experience strategy, or operations. This expertise will be used to facilitate research and analysis, collect findings to maintain a research repository, and distribute insights to our 500+ person organization. From our Customer Insights team within Customer Success, you will work closely with our Product Design and Product Management teams to enable them - as well as other teams across Clio - to conduct primary research. As the fuel for Clio’s customer-centric culture, this role is the hub of institutional knowledge we hold on our customers.
What You’ll Be doing:
- Work with the Manager of Customer Insights to craft the strategic direction for Research Operations at Clio.
- Define research best practices that operationalize all elements of how research is conducted, stored, and distributed at Clio.
- Develop thought leadership and training materials on best practices as an advocate for research and Human Centered Design principles.
- Contribute to Clio’s survey strategy and champion the organization, analysis and utilization of survey data.
- Lead the way in elevating research at Clio through implementing research rigour and utilizing new and diverse research methodologies.
- Mentor and assist stakeholders across the company (such as Designers and Product Managers) in research techniques, planning, execution, analysis, reporting, quality assurance, and utilizing findings.
- Organize and maintain customer insights from all cross-departmental research into an accessible and usable research repository format for everyone at Clio.
- Work with our Voice of the Customer and Foundational Research teams to be a subject matter expert on the institutional knowledge of our customers.
- Synthesize research findings from multiple sources to surface insights and inform business, marketing, sales, success, product, design, and engineering decisions.
- Live the Clio company values and uphold Clio’s commitment to customer success.
You should have:
- 5+ years in a role that included conducting primary research (UX designer, researcher, etc).
- A background in qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Experience designing systems or workflows.
- Strengths in championing cross-functional collaboration.
- Be equally comfortable sorting through data and facilitating a meeting or workshop.
Nice to have:
- Experience in project management or operations.
- Experience influencing change management.
- Experience building and/or maintaining a research repository.
- Experience teaching others best practices in conducting, analyzing and reporting on research.
- Previous SaaS experience.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers.