We are currently seeking a Senior Events and Special Projects Specialist to join our growing Office of the CEO (OCEO) team in Burnaby. This opportunity would be a 14-month contract with the possibility of going permanent upon completion.
Who you are
You are detail-oriented, love building relationships, and know how to run logistics for events of all sizes. A strong team player, you are exceptionally organized, deadline-driven, and thrive under pressure. We have ambitious goals, and you are excited to be a part of our success. You’ll be helping to execute a large-scale program across the United States and beyond, including our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference.
The Office of the CEO is a highly agile, collaborative team with a swiss-army knife skill set. Working alongside CEO Jack Newton, our team translates high-level vision into reality. Collaborating cross-functionally with all departments, our dedicated squad is entrusted to execute with velocity on high-stakes projects that serve our company mission to transform the practice of law, for good.
What you'll be doing
- Contribute to the planning, organization, and execution of special projects - including high-profile international events - undertaken by the OCEO team;
- Research and develop innovative and experiential marketing opportunities with a focus on creating an exceptional attendee and partner experience;
- Manage and support cross-departmental collaboration and communications with internal stakeholders on special projects;
- Coordinate external partnerships and communications related to the CEO and the execution of special projects, as requested;
- Create, review, and comment on materials and documents related to the execution of high-profile strategic projects and programs, ensuring accuracy and quality;
- Assist with coordination of scheduling, communications, appointments, reservations, and travel arrangements, as requested;
- Arrange meetings, assisting with the preparation and distribution of materials, coordinating follow-up actions, and taking minutes during meetings;
- Welcome visitors to the CEO and to the office as a whole;
- Serve as an ambassador for the CEO both internally and externally;
- Travel for events and meetings on behalf of the Company, as required;
- Maintain strict confidentiality with respect to all communications and documents.
You should have
- 3+ years of partner relationship management and/or sales;
- 3+ years in events execution;
- Experience manipulating and interpreting data;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Experimental mindset, and a positive, roll-up-the-sleeves attitude;
- Proven ability to communicate in written and verbal form;
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills;
- Ability to excel in a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities.
Serious bonus points if you have
- Experience in SaaS and/or the legal industry;
- Experience managing complex and collaborative projects;
- Previous experience organizing virtual events/working with events technology tools;
- Experience in customer service;
- Excited by the thought of working in an environment that will both challenge you and support you in your career growth.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career, but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers