Our Financial Planning & Analysis team is focused on driving stakeholder and shareholder value by developing the operating and financial plans required to achieve our company goals. You will help our business grow, help our customers succeed, and continuously improve the way we operate.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes numbers seriously, thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment, and someone who lives and breathes our values. As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting financial forecasting, analysis and contributing to reporting. This position reports to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Gather data from various sources to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts, and provide key analytics, analyses, and summaries as required.
- Develop and update financial models with actuals, conduct variance analysis, find and communicate insights, and forecast future performance.
- Partner with Senior Leadership across the organization to assist with measuring and reporting on the performance of each department’s objectives, projects and initiatives.
- Partner with the organization to provide analysis and decision support.
- Monitor KPIs, identify trends and proactively work with operational leaders on opportunities to grow the business.
- Ensure we have strong data cleanliness and source of truth reporting.
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure all financial information is accurate.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (finance, accounting, business);
- Have 2+ years of Accounting or Financial Planning experience;
- Be passionate about effective and intuitive data visualization;
- Be deeply data-driven, analytical, and curious;
- Be self-motivated, independent, and deadline-oriented;
- Be passionate about building data-driven organizations and having an impact on the business.
- Clear, concise, articulate, professional verbal and written reasoning and storytelling skills to communicate effectively to audiences at all levels of the organization.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers