We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager to join our Payments Infrastructure team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply. Some exemptions may apply.
What your team does:
This new team will help develop the future of payments in the legal industry. Our customers are going through a seismic shift in how they service their clients and the expectations around their relationship and behaviours. Expectations around their payments experience is not an exception. Legal has been slow to adopt electronic payments, but the last few years have seen a dramatic tipping point and rapid adoption. We want to ensure our customers and their clients can benefit from best-in-class user experiences with payments. We’re looking for someone who can help with the execution of Clio’s payment products and also navigate the complexity of building a robust system from scratch.
A day in the life might look like:
- Merging and deploying a pull request that you opened earlier and had the team review
- Working with your team on preparing an architecture document for an upcoming project
- Having a 1:1 meeting with your direct reports to make sure they are supported in their career growth and development goals
- Working with the developers on your team to break down a project into deliverable chunks of work
- Reviewing code contributed by members from your team or other Clio developers reaching out to you for your experience with a given technology or pattern
- Giving great feedback on code reviews, architecture documents, and more to help support team members making great technical decisions for their projects
- Contributing to or even driving larger changes to processes and workflows within the development organization
- Communicating and coordinating with our systems engineering and product teams to share new changes rolling out as well as gather insights into what struggles they’re having that we can deliver code to help with
What you'll be doing:
- Coach, manage, and develop a team of developers and tech leads;
- Contribute to, and have a deep understanding of, the codebase and the tools and systems that support our software development processes;
- Continuously expand your technical skills;
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights team prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions;
- Elevate and educate on our product development process within Clio, contributing to our cultural values of “No doors, only windows” (an emphasis on collaboration and clear communication) and “Live a learning mindset” (an emphasis on constant self-improvement and evolution in the face of change); and
- Work closely with our systems engineering and product teams in our quest to make Clio a world-class place to write code.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly with large scale SaaS products;
- Possess a diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- Are curious and have a drive to explore different approaches when solving problems;
- Are able to describe successful projects you worked on, as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects; and
- Have a demonstrated ability or desire to learn how to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- Ideas on how to successfully scale and grow a development organization; and
- Have a background in hands-on software development using Ruby and Ruby on Rails, specifically with building web applications at scale.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers