We are currently seeking a Senior Web Developer to join our Marketing Team in Burnaby, Calgary, Toronto or remotely in Canada (some exemptions may apply).
Our Marketing Team is expanding quickly and we’re seeking a passionate Senior Web Developer who will own the development of Clio’s web properties and help us design and develop the next iteration of our website. You will play a critical role in defining and building our website infrastructure while working closely with a team of designers, copywriters, and growth marketers. You’ll be working with a team that values excellence and initiative. Your work will have an immediate and meaningful impact, and you will be supported with a full tech stack and the infrastructure of an outstanding team.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop marketing websites adding new designs and components.
- Iterate on marketing website performance, optimize speed and usability to increase SERP rankings and conversion.
- Manage uptime for marketing websites.
- Ensure websites are compliant with technical SEO best practices.
- Create marketing materials including microsites, landing pages, and emails.
- Maintain event tracking frameworks on the websites including but not limited to Google Analytics, Segment, and custom tracking scripts.
- Implement and maintain website infrastructure and architecture
- Administrate website tech stack ( eg: CDN, Hosting platform, Wordpress)
- Ensure the website infrastructure follows security best practices
- Implement UX variations for A/B testing for our websites and landing pages to improve conversion.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure timely execution of projects.
- Manage incident response for marketing websites
- Mentor and upskill the junior web developer(s).
What you should have:
- Expert proficiency in Wordpress. Experience with other content management systems is a plus.
- Expert proficiency in CSS pre-processors (we use SASS)
- Experience with Wordpress Multisite setup is a plus
- Experience with source code management systems (we use git)
- Familiarity with MarionetteJS and AngularJS (we use AngularJS 1.x)
- Familiarity with a PHP template engine (we use Twig)
- Knowledge of using task runners and package managers (We use Webpack, Grunt, Bower and Yarn)
- Passion for great user experience and design
- A solid web portfolio
- Ability to work independently and meet project deadlines
- Strong desire to learn the latest technologies and practices to enhance your craft
- Knowledge in Search Engine Optimization and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of Agile development methods.
- Knowledge of cross-browser development techniques and browser degradation strategies
Serious bonus points if you have:
- SaaS/tech experience
- Cloudflare/WPEngine experience
- Deep understanding of web page performance
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers.