We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager to join our Back End Software Infrastructure team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
What your team does:
The Backend Infrastructure team at Clio is focused on the scalability, developer experience, and approachability of our Ruby codebases. Some of the things this team works on are large architectural changes, developer tooling, and all the ins and outs of developing our systems and reworking the codebase to support our 100+ developer organization.
Why does this matter? Clio developers deploy code 40+ times per day; we want every single one of those deploys to be as impactful as possible, and we serve that goal by making sure that our systems and tooling are up to the challenge and developers are able to focus on their work, not cognitive overhead.
A day in the life might look like:
- Merging and deploying a pull request that you opened earlier and had the team review;
- Working with your team on preparing an architecture document for an upcoming project;
- Having a 1:1 meeting with your direct reports to make sure they are supported in their career growth and development goals;
- Working with the developers on your team to break down a project into deliverable chunks of work;
- Reviewing code contributed by members from your team or other Clio developers reaching out to you for your experience with a given technology or pattern;
- Giving great feedback on code reviews, architecture documents, and more to help support team members making great technical decisions for their projects;
- Contributing to or even driving larger changes to processes and workflows within the development organization;
- Communicating and coordinating with our systems engineering and product teams to share new changes rolling out as well as gather insights into what struggles they’re having that we can deliver code to help with.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have a background in hands-on software development using Ruby and Ruby on Rails, specifically with building web applications at scale;
- Have demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly with large scale SaaS products;
- Possess a diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- Are curious and have a drive to explore different approaches when solving problems;
- Are able to describe successful projects you worked on, as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects; and
- Have a demonstrated ability or desire to learn how to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent.
Don’t have all of those? The most important part of this job is that you approach new challenges with curiosity and a drive to apply what you learn to fixing root causes, not just symptoms. Deep curiosity and a desire to learn will help you succeed in this job, combined with a drive to help others by shipping code.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- Ideas on how to successfully scale and grow a development organization; and
- Experience with large Rails applications, database optimization and performance, automating developer tasks and best practices, and/or building developer-facing tools.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career, but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers