We are currently seeking a Customer Enablement Team Lead to join our Customer Success Department in Burnaby, BC. This role will initially be on an interim basis for a minimum of 12 months, with the possibility of extending to a permanent role.
Our Customer Onboarding team is hyper-focused on providing an exceptional onboarding and customer experience throughout our customers’ lifecycles. We are a dedicated team who enjoy what we do and are serious about truly making a positive impact on our customers’ businesses.
Who you are:
We are looking for a go-getter to join our Customer Onboarding team as a Team Lead. Reporting to the Sr Manager of Customer Onboarding, the ideal candidate will be a player-coach, bringing coaching, mentorship, and administration to a team of Onboarding Specialists. The Team Lead will champion the team’s goal of helping our customers activate with Clio - ultimately driving revenue growth and retention - by being trusted business advisors and expert guides through the key onboarding phase of our customers’ lifecycles.
Highly organized and technically strong, the ideal candidate is a consummate people person who is confident, articulate, and sensitive to the needs of both customers and internal employees; with deep empathy for ensuring that needs are understood and expectations are not only met, but exceeded.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Manage a team of Customer Onboarding Specialists;
- Empower your team to deliver an exceptional customer onboarding experience as business advisors helping our customers through the early customer journey;
- As a player-coach to the team:
- Act as a customer escalation point, possessing the ability to handle difficult customer conversations deftly;
- Provide support and overflow capacity to the team as needed;
- Maintain best-in-class customer service, actively coaching your team on best practices, customer feedback, personal growth etc.;
- Be a developmental leader, working closely with team members to focus on career growth potential;
- Conduct monthly 1:1 coaching and constantly challenging the team by being a catalyst to their growth;
- Be an ambassador for Customer Enablement across the organization, working closely and collaboratively with key business partners in Sales, Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and Business Operations;
- Working on implementing new workflows if necessary or as needed;
- Contributing to departmental OKRs pertaining to Onboarding;
- Develop and refine internal documentation including: Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and knowledge-base articles;
- Deliver a smooth onboarding process to new team members - managing training content, scheduling ride alongs etc;
- Consistently improve on internal agent onboarding to ensure an efficient path to competency and confidence performing in the role.
You should have:
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience in a B2B SaaS environment in Customer Enablement, Support, and/or Sales
- 1-2 years of previous leadership experience
- A healthy obsession for customers, and an incessant drive to innovate
- A keen application of organization and structure
- Strong leadership skills and self sufficiency in working independently
- Ability to encourage and empower a team to succeed and work with minimal supervision
- Effortless communication skills, confident and sensitive to the needs of customers of all abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Salesforce or other SaaS tools
- Experience working with API-driven applications
- Proven track record in a dynamic, fast-moving startup environment
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers.