Clio is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
Product at Clio
Clio’s mission is to ‘transform the practice of law, for good.’ If you’re into ‘mission-driven’ product management this might be the place for you!
Our market opportunity is rare in its scale and powered by a strong business model, top-tier investors, and a product management team which is global and world-class (if we do say so ourselves)! Clio is growing rapidly with massive growth opportunities for Product Managers.
Speaking of Product at Clio…we’ve worked hard to develop an excellent product management culture with empowered PMs who are highly regarded and influential within the organization. Our team is composed of seasoned professionals from a diverse set of product backgrounds. Clio invests heavily in developing Product Managers, growing leaders and in the broader Product communities in which we operate.
We pride ourselves on being ‘human and high performing’ and creating a workplace where you can be challenged, supported and bring your whole self to work.
We’re seeking a Senior Product Manager who is ready for a high impact leadership opportunity, one that spans across all departments in Clio. Not only will you be learning something new every day, you’ll be working with a great team that traces its roots to places like Amazon, Microsoft, Hootsuite as well as a number of fast-moving, scrappy startups. You are a veteran with a stack of successes (and some failures) on your resume, a big toolkit that includes a range of approaches to a problem, and an ability to mentor and train others. You are the type that is as comfortable conducting deep dives into specific problem spaces as you are pitching executives and stakeholders on product strategy. You’ve also got a passion for understanding customers and have the skills to translate that into persuasive stories that inspire.
- Be the owner of an exciting product portfolio that will allow you to have a big impact on how lawyers practice law and make legal services more accessible
- Be a key owner of developing our Product Management processes and be a major influencer in effecting change at Clio
- Connect with internal and external customers to gather feedback that will drive your product strategy and roadmap
- Balance the qualitative with the quantitative by using data to support and guide your decision making
- Understand the trends and disruptive impact of technology and invent on behalf of our customers to keep them ahead of the curve
- Work across Clio departments (Development, Design, Marketing, Sales, Support etc) to ship and launch products that customers love. Own your portfolio and run it like your own business
You should have:
- 5+ years as a Product Manager. SaaS experience a bonus
- A portfolio of successes (and failures) to show. Experience not just shipping product but launching and iterating on solutions to customer problems
- Demonstrated the ability to see the impact of industry trends in your space and apply it to your solutions
- A philosophy around what great product management is. Tell us who your role model PMs are
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with software development and design teams
- Multiple methodologies to solving problems such as prioritization, buy vs build, and organizational structures
- Humility plus strong opinions that are loosely held
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the year
You may have:
- A university degree
- Experience giving back to the PM community
- Experience working on software infrastructure projects
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career, but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers