We are currently seeking a Senior Web Developer to join our Marketing Team in Toronto.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Our Marketing Team is expanding quickly and we’re seeking a passionate Senior Web Developer who will own the development of Clio’s web properties and help us design and develop the next iteration of our website. You will play a critical role in defining and building our website infrastructure while working closely with a team of designers, copywriters, and growth marketers. You’ll be working with a team that values excellence and initiative. Your work will have an immediate and meaningful impact, and you will be supported with a full tech stack and the infrastructure of an outstanding team.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop marketing websites adding new designs and components.
- Iterate on marketing website performance, optimize speed and usability to increase SERP rankings and conversion.
- Manage uptime for marketing websites.
- Ensure websites are compliant with technical SEO best practices.
- Create marketing materials including microsites, landing pages, and emails.
- Maintain event tracking frameworks on the websites including but not limited to Google Analytics, Segment, and custom tracking scripts.
- Implement and maintain website infrastructure and architecture
- Administrate website tech stack ( eg: CDN, Hosting platform, Wordpress)
- Ensure the website infrastructure follows security best practices
- Implement UX variations for A/B testing for our websites and landing pages to improve conversion.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure timely execution of projects.
- Manage incident response for marketing websites
- Mentor and upskill the junior web developer(s).
What you should have:
- Expert proficiency in Wordpress. Experience with other content management systems is a plus.
- Expert proficiency in CSS pre-processors (we use SASS)
- Experience with Wordpress Multisite setup is a plus
- Experience with source code management systems (we use git)
- Familiarity with MarionetteJS and AngularJS (we use AngularJS 1.x)
- Familiarity with a PHP template engine (we use Twig)
- Knowledge of using task runners and package managers (We use Webpack, Grunt, Bower and Yarn)
- Passion for great user experience and design
- A solid web portfolio
- Ability to work independently and meet project deadlines
- Strong desire to learn the latest technologies and practices to enhance your craft
- Knowledge in Search Engine Optimization and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of Agile development methods.
- Knowledge of cross-browser development techniques and browser degradation strategies
Serious bonus points if you have:
- SaaS/tech experience
- Cloudflare/WPEngine experience
- Deep understanding of web page performance
If you are a data-driven marketer who is accountable for their goals and known for advanced marketing automation and project management skills, strong execution, and a positive attitude, you will thrive at Clio.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.