We are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Manage Team in Burnaby or remotely across BC/Alberta.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report, or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
This new team will help develop the future of payments in the legal industry. Our customers are going through a seismic shift in how they service their clients and the expectations around their relationship and behaviours. Expectations around their payments experience is not an exception. Legal has been slow to adopt electronic payments, but the last few years have seen a dramatic tipping point and rapid adoption. We want to ensure our customers and their clients can benefit from best-in-class user experiences with payments. We’re looking for someone who can help with the execution of Clio’s payment products and also navigate the complexity of building a robust system.
Who you are:
- You are able to explain the decisions you make.
- You have an idea of what quality looks like, and hold yourself accountable to that. You assist your peers, department, and organization in meeting that standard.
- You are a contributor to the technologies you work with.
- Your collaboration is cross-organization.
- You are a role model for the people around you.
What you'll be doing:
- Produce architectures that are scalable from day one.
- You define and apply new ways to increase your impact.
- You can see around corners, solving problems before they have a chance to come up.
- You actively find ways to share your experience in the community
- You are involved in the building of teams in addition to interviewing.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience working on global payments infrastructure
- Experience with any of our tech stack (Ruby on Rails, Typescript, AngularJS)
- Experience writing software at scale
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.