We are looking for a Director of Product Design to join our Product team in Toronto or Burnaby!
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
As the Director of Product Design at Clio, you will be leading leaders - overseeing a group of 18 designers with a strong performance oriented culture. Our designers work in close collaboration with their product management and engineering counterparts and are part of every step of the product development lifecycle, from strategic planning to shipping great user experiences. You will build and execute on a design vision and process, foster a diverse and inclusive design culture and develop the careers of our design community in a rapid growth organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define how users should experience Clio in 3-5 years
- Communicate this vision to rest of Clio
- Influence Clio’s overall strategy with this vision
- Design the design organization
- Develop the career and skills of our design team
- Manage the team and individual performance of our designers
- Attracting and hiring the best design talent
- Set the bar of the quality of design at Clio
- Weave design throughout our product development process
- Evangelize the importance of user experience and design at Clio
What you should have:
- 1+ years experience managing design managers
- 5+ years experience building digital products
- Worked on a digital product beyond version 1
- Based in (or relocating to) Vancouver, BC
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience building SaaS products
- Experience building for SMB or Consumers
- Experience Service Design & Brand Design
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
At Clio, we do our best to create an inclusive environment and selection process, where diverse teams can thrive. We believe there are many paths and backgrounds that can lead to the perfect opportunity, and encourage all candidates to apply