We’re looking for a Senior People Business Partner (Senior HR Business Partner) to join our People team. This role is for someone who is excited about high-growth, who lights up at the prospect of supporting new and seasoned leaders, and who is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help us build and scale our human and high-performing organization! This role is available to candidates in Burnaby and Toronto.
What your team does:
Clio’s People Team focuses on creating a truly exceptional workplace that is both human and high-performing. People Business Partnerships supports this through forward-thinking HR practices -- providing performance consultation, leadership development, and employee relations advice to leaders of all levels across the company.
What you’ll work on:
- Partner with senior leaders to develop and deliver strategic People Team services that support departmental and business goals.
- Act as a trusted advisor, leader, and mentor who Clio’s leaders and People Team can count on for strong insights and recommendations.
- Assist with the evolution of Clio’s organizational infrastructure including core HR processes, career pathing, compensation, and performance assessment.
- Support the full talent life cycle including hiring, onboarding, engagement, retention, succession planning, and departure.
- Identify and manage complex employee relations issues quickly and decisively; conduct thorough and timely investigations, and issue disciplinary action, as necessary.
- Coach leaders on people-matters such as: performance management, conflict resolution, change management, organizational design, talent management, compensation and employment law.
- Analyze and report on trends in the business, recommending strategic, proactive actions to increase employee engagement and retention.
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships; partnering to ensure that the needs of the People Team, your business partners and the business are met.
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition to align on needs for your business partners.
- Other duties as required.
What you may have:
- 5+ years experience in HR business partner functions.
- Experience partnering with C-level executives
- Excellent business acumen and strong organizational intuition.
- Deep functional experience in goal setting, coaching, organizational development, conflict resolution, EQ, and/or systems thinking.
- Experience navigating dynamic and fast-growth technology/software environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style; ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Serious bonus points it you have:
- Global HR experience.
- Experience working with Google Suite.
- CHRL, CPHR, SHRM, or SPHR designations.
- Business partner experience with People, Finance and Business Operations teams.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.