We are currently seeking a Senior People Business Partner (Senior HR Business Partner) to join our People Team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Clio’s People Team focuses on creating a truly exceptional workplace that is both human and high-performing. People Business Partnerships supports this through forward-thinking HR practices -- providing performance consultation, leadership development, and employee relations advice to leaders of all levels across the company.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about high-growth, who lights up at the prospect of supporting new and seasoned leaders, and who is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help us build and scale our human and high-performing organization!
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with senior leaders to develop and deliver strategic People Team services that support departmental and business goals.
- Act as a trusted advisor, leader, and mentor who Clio’s leaders and People Team can count on for strong insights and recommendations.
- Assist with the evolution of Clio’s organizational infrastructure including core HR processes, career pathing, compensation, and performance assessment.
- Support the full talent life cycle including hiring, onboarding, engagement, retention, succession planning, and departure.
- Identify and manage complex employee relations issues quickly and decisively; conduct thorough and timely investigations, and issue disciplinary action, as necessary.
- Coach leaders on people-matters such as: performance management, conflict resolution, change management, organizational design, talent management, compensation and employment law.
- Analyze and report on trends in the business, recommending strategic, proactive actions to increase employee engagement and retention.
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships; partnering to ensure that the needs of the People Team, your business partners and the business are met.
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition to align on needs for your business partners.
- Other duties as required.
What you should have:
- 5+ years experience in HR business partner functions.
- Excellent business acumen and strong organizational intuition.
- Deep functional experience in goal setting, coaching, organizational development, conflict resolution, EQ, and/or systems thinking.
- Experience navigating dynamic and fast-growth technology/software environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style; ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Global HR experience.
- Experience working with Google Suite.
- CHRL, CPHR, SHRM, or SPHR designations.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.