We are currently seeking a Research Operations Lead to join our Customer Insights team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
As the Research Operations Lead at Clio, you will be orchestrating the system of People Who Do Research (PWDR) on customers. You will be supporting our team by evangelizing their research and surfacing customer insights for research-informed decisions at all levels of the organization. With a customer experience mindset for the end-to-end customer journey, you will build the strategic vision on how to conduct, store, and utilize qualitative and quantitative research regarding our customer base.
You have a background in UX research, systems design, customer experience strategy, or operations. This expertise will be used to facilitate research and analysis, collect findings to maintain a research repository, and distribute insights to our 500+ person organization. From our Customer Insights team within Customer Success, you will work closely with our Product Design and Product Management teams to enable them - as well as other teams across Clio - to conduct primary research. As the fuel for Clio’s customer-centric culture, this role is the hub of institutional knowledge we hold on our customers.
What You’ll Be doing:
- Work with the Manager of Customer Insights to craft the strategic direction for Research Operations at Clio.
- Define research best practices that operationalize all elements of how research is conducted, stored, and distributed at Clio.
- Develop thought leadership and training materials on best practices as an advocate for research and Human Centered Design principles.
- Contribute to Clio’s survey strategy and champion the organization, analysis and utilization of survey data.
- Lead the way in elevating research at Clio through implementing research rigour and utilizing new and diverse research methodologies.
- Mentor and assist stakeholders across the company (such as Designers and Product Managers) in research techniques, planning, execution, analysis, reporting, quality assurance, and utilizing findings.
- Organize and maintain customer insights from all cross-departmental research into an accessible and usable research repository format for everyone at Clio.
- Work with our Voice of the Customer and Foundational Research teams to be a subject matter expert on the institutional knowledge of our customers.
- Synthesize research findings from multiple sources to surface insights and inform business, marketing, sales, success, product, design, and engineering decisions.
- Live the Clio company values and uphold Clio’s commitment to customer success.
You should have:
- 5+ years in a role that included conducting primary research (UX designer, researcher, etc).
- A background in qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Experience designing systems or workflows.
- Strengths in championing cross-functional collaboration.
- Be equally comfortable sorting through data and facilitating a meeting or workshop.
Nice to have:
- Experience in project management or operations.
- Experience influencing change management.
- Experience building and/or maintaining a research repository.
- Experience teaching others best practices in conducting, analyzing and reporting on research.
- Previous SaaS experience.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.