We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Our Financial Planning & Analysis team is focused on driving stakeholder and shareholder value by developing the operating and financial plans required to achieve our company goals. You will help our business grow, help our customers succeed, and continuously improve the way we operate.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes numbers seriously, thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment, and someone who lives and breathes our values. As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting financial forecasting, analysis and contributing to reporting. This position reports to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Gather data from various sources to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts, and provide key analytics, analyses, and summaries as required.
- Develop and update financial models with actuals, conduct variance analysis, find and communicate insights, and forecast future performance.
- Partner with Senior Leadership across the organization to assist with measuring and reporting on the performance of each department’s objectives, projects and initiatives.
- Partner with the organization to provide analysis and decision support.
- Monitor KPIs, identify trends and proactively work with operational leaders on opportunities to grow the business.
- Ensure we have strong data cleanliness and source of truth reporting.
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure all financial information is accurate.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (finance, accounting, business);
- Have 2+ years of Accounting or Financial Planning experience;
- Be passionate about effective and intuitive data visualization;
- Be deeply data-driven, analytical, and curious;
- Be self-motivated, independent, and deadline-oriented;
- Be passionate about building data-driven organizations and having an impact on the business.
- Clear, concise, articulate, professional verbal and written reasoning and storytelling skills to communicate effectively to audiences at all levels of the organization.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.