We are currently seeking a Development Manager to join our Invoicing Team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 people with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Clio is looking for a Development Manager to join our Invoicing team. This team is one of four teams within the theme of Manage My Business which is dedicated to building features that help our customers quickly, efficiently, and where possible automate the financial management of their practices. The Invoicing team is responsible for enabling our customers to invoice and create bills, identify bill recipients, and helps drive Clio Payment volume by making it easy to quickly share outstanding client balances for our customers.
Through involved promotion and demonstration of Clio’s values, you will build a culture of leadership and high performance. You’ll coach team members who are self-driven and consistently push themselves to grow. Along the way - you will be supported by a world-class people operation team supporting new and experienced managers.
Who you are:
- You are equally energized by both your own technical work as well as contributing to the career growth of your team;
- You have strong opinions that are weakly held, and foster that same attitude in others;
- You challenge and enable your team to take initiative, explore, and implement improvements while balancing that work against satisfying the team’s product roadmap;
- You believe in providing honest, actionable feedback to your team, and encourage your team to reciprocate;
- You are an advocate of quality and are able teach and coach others, at different levels of seniority, through different methodologies and communication styles.
- You devise roadmaps to guide your team, but aren't beholden to them -- you easily adapt to a constantly changing world.
What you'll be doing:
- You will contribute to, and have a deep understanding, of the code base and your product area;
- Coach, manage, and develop a team of developers and tech leads;
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights team prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions;
- Plan and implement team KPIs to track and measure process improvements;
- Elevate and educate our product development process within Clio, contributing to our cultural values of “No doors, only windows” and “Live a learning mindset”;
- Partner with Product Management and Product Design to envision, develop and execute on Clio’s product road map.
What you should have:
- Have demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly with large scale SaaS products;
- Have a background in hands-on software development;
- Have a diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- Have a demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a fast-paced job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent;
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with online payments;
- Experience with Ruby on Rails;
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for motivated people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.