At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’ve got ambitious goals, hopes, and dreams - just like you. We’re on a mission to transform the legal profession, for good, by serving a better solution to a centuries old profession. We believe we work better as a diverse and inclusive team, and take time to share our learnings. You’ll have the chance to work on a product that truly changes lives. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too.
As a Product Design Manager, you lead a team of designers across multiple product areas. You support your team members to be their best selves at Clio: developing their skills, achieving their career goals, and improving the processes and systems used by the entire Clio design community. You evolve and shape the culture of our design team at Clio.
You also are a member of Clio’s product leadership and ensure we ship great experiences for our users. You work in close collaboration with your product management and engineering counterparts and advocate for the voice and experience of Clio’s users. You coach and guide the leads on your team to define the design strategy for your product areas and connect that strategy to Clio’s overall objectives. This includes collaborating and ensuring a high quality for design briefs, vision, and success metrics produced by your team. You identify shared and connected experiences between different product areas and ensure their consistency, quality, and excellence.
You support the senior product leadership at Clio to influence our overall product direction as a key advocate of Clio’s users. You identify opportunities to improve their overall experience with Clio across any touchpoint and you collaborate with other departments on executing on these opportunities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the career, skills, and performance of a team of designers
- Advocate for user experience in your leadership triad
- Coach and guide your area’s product teams to work better together and build better product
- Support defining the design strategy and vision for how users should experience Clio in 3-5 years
- Build a team and systems that allow you to attract and hire the best design talent
- Support and uphold the bar of the quality of design at Clio
- Ensure consistency, quality, and excellence across product areas
- Evangelize the importance of user experience and design at Clio
You Must Have:
- 2+ years experience managing designers
- 3+ years experience building digital products
- Worked on a digital product beyond version 1
- Based in (or relocating to) Vancouver, BC or Calgary, AB
Nice To Have:
- Experience building SaaS products
- Experience building for SMB or Consumers
At Clio, you have the freedom to choose your own path (and change it) and build a meaningful career that works for you. Excellent health and mental wellness coverage, 4 weeks vacation time + unlimited responsible sick time, paid volunteer time, stock options, RRSP Matching, RESP contribution, parental leave options, education spending, top tech, beautiful work space, flexible working hours and remote working - all built around a culture of human and high-performance.
This is the place for people who want to make their mark.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Clio, we do our best to create an inclusive environment and selection process, where diverse teams can thrive. We believe there are many paths and backgrounds that can lead to the perfect opportunity, and encourage all candidates to apply.