We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Manager to join our Business Operations team in Calgary or Vancouver.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Our BizOps team, led by our Chief Operations Officer, is responsible for providing data insights on all aspects of our business practices. They use data to identify opportunities for process improvement and challenge us to a different thinking level. In 2017, this team was recognized as Team of the Year by BC Tech Association at the Technology Impact Awards.
Our Data Insights team is focused on stewarding a scientific culture that makes better decisions and learns from experience. You will be working alongside the Director of Data Insights to help leaders across departments develop and deploy data-driven insights in real time, with a mission of making data easy at Clio. You will help our business grow, help our customers succeed, and continuously improve the way we operate.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes data seriously, thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment, and someone who lives and breathes their values. We’re looking for an innovator, a thought leader, and someone with the passion and vision to build the discipline of Business Intelligence from the ground up. We’re looking for someone who is:
- A leader passionate about building a human and high-performing team;
- Always looking to innovate with data and explore open-ended questions;
- Strategically minded and never shies away from a challenge;
- Passionate about approaching things empirically;
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and collaboratively;
- Agile and responsive, and comfortable with constant change.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building the Discipline of Business Intelligence: Defining our mission, vision, and strategy for Business Intelligence at Clio.
- Project Scoping and Management: Managing projects by gathering requirements (e.g. for data availability and usability, dashboarding and reports, and KPIs and operational metrics), managing timelines and roadmaps, and coordinating activities with other involved team members.
- Building Out a Team: This is a new team, and needs to grow to meet the needs of the business.
- Data Enablement: Enabling our Clions to answer operational business questions and self-serve data insights through our business intelligence tools. This includes training programs, documentation, support, and building out our business intelligence tools with best practices.
What you should have:
- Have 3+ years of applied experience in business intelligence analysis.
- Have intermediate applied knowledge of SQL and database architecture.
- Have familiarity with scalable data infrastructure and data governance concepts.
- Have experience building data models and transforming large datasets into meaningful insights.
- Have experience leading and building a team.
- Have experience working with stakeholders to define and execute on high-impact projects.
- Be passionate about effective and intuitive data visualization.
- Be deeply data-driven, analytical, and curious.
- Be self-motivated, independent, and deadline-oriented.
- Be passionate about building data-driven organizations and having an impact on the business.
Serious bonus points if you:
- Are an expert user of Looker (Clio’s business intelligence tool) or other cloud business intelligence tools.
- Have experience working with Redshift or other cloud data warehouses.
- Have applied experience in programming languages.
We could talk to you about our games room, beer taps, wellness classes but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.