We are currently seeking a Compliance Analyst to join our Compliance team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
As a Compliance Analyst, you will report to our Compliance Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting Clio’s efforts to scale its compliance function from a technology and process perspective.
You will ensure compliance with all data protection rules and regulations across Clio and our markets while collaborating cross-functionally to mitigate compliance risk, supporting innovation, and instilling best practices.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ongoing auditing and reporting on the organization’s compliance
- Proactively researching to stay up to date with regulations and rules
- Implementing and documenting policies and procedures
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving compliance issues
- Communicating regulations to internal and external parties
- Communicating across stakeholders/departments to ensure alignment of goals
- Serving as a subject matter expert on compliance-related matters
- Developing and maintaining relationships with appropriate parties
- Developing procedures and workflows to meet compliance requirements
- Contributing to any employee compliance training
- Superb analytical and research skills
- Ability to comprehend complex data sets
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Strong attention to detail
Serious Bonus Points if you have
- 3-5 years experience working in a compliance function
- Security certifications such as CIPP, CISA, or CISSP
- Experience with incident response
- Previous experience advising on data protection legislation, such as GDPR and PIPEDA
- Previous experience conducting internal assessments and coordinating external audits
- Previous experience with privacy tools, such as OneTrust and TrustArc
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.