We are currently seeking a Director of Sales Development to join our Sales team in Toronto.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
We are looking for a proven, experienced, and passionate Director of Sales Development to join our Sales Leadership Team. You will report to the SVP of Sales and, along with a team of managers and leads, oversee and grow our sales development function. You have a holistic view of sales, are eager to partner and collaborate cross-functionally, and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We believe a great Director of Sales Development is, first and foremost, obsessed with the business’ overall success, and makes decisions that drive both customer success, employee engagement and development, and revenue growth.
Who you are:
You are goal driven, hungry for success, and passionate about technology. You are not just a sales leader. You solve problems, provide sound advice, and offer solutions to complex problems by utilizing your strong business acumen, competitive spirit, and resourcefulness.
As the team’s senior-most leader, you will be charged with the responsibility of attracting, hiring, developing, and inspiring the team and leaders to realize its fullest potential.
To do this, you’ll need to:
- Building and managing a best in class pipeline development organization;
- Designing and managing optimal workflows for SDR and BDR functions;
- Partnering with Marketing on MQL and AQL distribution and conversion % goals;
- Partnering with Business Operations on optimal sales stack workflows and reporting;
- Partner with Customer Success to ensure customer retention and being set up for success;
- Managing, mentoring and developing of several sales teams, including our Sales Development, Business Development teams;
- Partnering directly and working very closely with senior leaders and executives in customer-facing teams including (but not limited to) Sales, Marketing, Revenue Operations and Customer Success;
- Leading initiatives to improve efficiency resulting from a thorough understanding of team data and metrics;
- Having a strong understanding and implementation of sales best practices;
- Identifying areas of improvement to efficiently find market opportunities in different segments;
- Actively coaching and being a trusted advisor, providing continual skill development opportunities to both individual contributors as well as other leaders;
- Partnering and collaborating with our Revenue Operations team to measure analytics, conversation rates and performance;
- Designing our Sales Development team’s vision and strategy to align with our company goals;
- Bringing the energy, inspiration and motivation that will drive the team’s high engagement;
You must have:
- 7+ years in sales and at least 3+ years of progressive sales leadership experience at an established tech company;
- Experience leading managers and individual contributors, including outbound sales teams and teams responsible for closing their own business;
- A proven track record of attracting, hiring, developing and leading top-performing salespeople;
- A deep understanding of how technology empowers and drives the sales process;
- Consistent record of overachieving against your goals;
- A data-driven approach to sales;
- Experience driving and sustaining the highest performance levels from your team members through coaching, training, and helping others achieve personal bests.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.