We're looking for a Sr Systems Engineer, Production to join our rapidly growing Production Engineer, Systems team. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
Clio is looking for a Systems Engineer, Production to join the team that builds and manages the infrastructure that underlies the development and runtime of our applications.
We're building a cross-Canada, distributed team that forms the foundation of Clio's engineering organization:
- We build, secure, and maintain the infrastructure and critical services that power Clio’s core applications.
- We help Clions make data-driven decisions by providing observability and transparency for all of our environments.
- We collaborate with the Clio product development teams to build tools that improve workflows and remove manual labour or friction points.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starting and self-governing learner and worker who is adept at breaking down intractable problems into achievable pieces and iterating on them.
- You are curious by nature and love to dig deep on problems, always asking “Why?”.
- You communicate in a clear and concise manner, regardless of medium (text, voice, and in-person).
- You are a rational and critical thinker, with an inclination for evidence-based decision making.
- You have strong opinions that are weakly held.
- You have a team-first mentality and will naturally step in to support co-workers when you perceive them to be in difficulty.
What you'll work on:
- You will be creating, improving, and maintaining a globally distributed mesh of Clio service regions that acts as a foundation for each of our clients across the world to excel within their respective jurisdictions.
- You will be nurturing and evolving the development ecosystem at Clio by providing the tools, infrastructure, and services that our developers rely on to transform the practice of law, for good.
- You’ll be recognizing opportunities for process improvement or automation and then writing clean, maintainable code in order to erase the manual task or nullify the pain point.
What you may have:
This is not a check-list to be satisfied. If you have experience or interest in some of these areas, we’d love to hear from you and encourage you to apply.
- Experience writing clean, maintainable code in collaboration with other developers.
- Experience building and administering Debian GNU/Linux hosts using automated image build and configuration management tools.
- Experience building and deploying containerized services using an orchestration system.
- Experience administering cloud resources on the common cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) using automated resource configuration and provisioning tools.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience managing hosts with Puppet.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience developing with Ruby or GoLang.
- Experience managing AWS resources with CloudFormation.
- Experience scripting with BASH.
- Experience administering any of: Elasticsearch, Kafka, MySQL, Redis.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.