We are currently seeking a Senior Data Migration Specialist to join our Customer Enablement team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
The Data Migrations team at Clio, as part of our Customer Success Department, specialize in migrating customer data from legacy products into Clio. This can range from exporting data, importing data, processing data and the cleansing of data. Extract, transform, and load are terms often used by the team. This team is a key part of our customer onboarding function at Clio which strives to offer the most effortless experience possible to our customers.
This is a team assembled to specifically tackle the need to enhance the customer experience, and there are still a lot of opportunities for both process and tooling improvements. We assist customers directly, and indirectly by supporting our Customer Enablement team and working with our Product team to automate the right parts of this process for our customers. Our current team members are smart, engaged and fun. We have the support of a great Product team and we are poised to see another hugely successful year in 2019.
Who you are:
Reporting to the Manager of Data Migrations, we are looking for an experienced and skilled Senior Data Migrations Specialist to add value, energy, and technical expertise to our team. You not only have the technical chops but also have mastered the art of customer experience to deliver on data migration sessions as part of a customer’s full life cycle. You are a troubleshooting expert, and a consummate people person with deep empathy for ensuring that our employees and customers needs are understood and expectations are not only met, but exceeded. You are also an innovator, a builder and a coach who will work with this team and cross-functionally for the benefit of our customers.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Enablement to ensure customers receive a successful and effortless data migration experience
- Manage data exports, transformations and imports, from various sources into Clio, with a specialization in addressing the needs of our largest customers and most challenging datasets
- Provide superb customer service throughout the data migration process
- Manage multiple client cases at a time with strict observance of associated tasks and deadlines (as defined by the department)
- Be confident, articulate, and sensitive to the needs of customers and internal partners
- Contribute regularly to our customer-facing knowledge base [Help Center]
- Always looking for and being curious about process and technology improvements to enhance the customer’s journey and internal efficiency
- Partner with other members of the Migrations team to develop processes around the design, development, and testing of data transformation, extraction, and other migration activities
- Gain a deep understanding of and staying up to date with the Clio product and common workflows
- Handle escalated customer complaints and concerns as needed
- Help coach other team members on leveling up their technical expertise and process efficiency
- Lead by example with patience, understanding, and compassion
You should have:
- 3-4 years of experience with data migration/transformation
- Expertise with CSV and SQL databases
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel (you are able to perform vlookups, formulas and be able to recognize and interpret patterns)
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail, and ability to synthesize large quantities of data/information
- Customer/Technical Service/Support experience
- Healthy customer obsession and focus on delivering exceptional client experience
- Proactive mindset, constantly thinking outside the box to employ creative solutions where appropriate
- Effortless communication skills, confident and sensitive to the needs of customers (internal and external) of all abilities
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Expertise with Python and/or Rails
- Previous experience with legal industry or legal technology services
- Experience with Salesforce or other SaaS tools
- Proven track record in a dynamic startup environment
- Experience working with API-driven applications
- Tier 2 or 3 Customer or Technical Support experience
- Experience with coaching and/or leadership capacity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.