We are looking for an Interim Vice President of People to join our team in Burnaby, BC for a 14-month term (maternity leave cover).
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Clio’s People Team is on a mission to build and scale a company that is both human and high-performing. As interim VP of People, you’ll have the opportunity to lead our People team and be a big part of our exciting growth story!
What you’ll be doing:
- Exemplifying and sharing our values, working with the CEO, Executive Team, and broader leadership team to ensure a values-consistent work environment;
- Providing support and guidance for the entire People leadership team, spanning 5 functions: People Business Partnerships, Talent Acceleration, People Operations, Talent Acquisition, and Employee/Workplace Experience;
- Working with the CEO and Executive Team to execute on Clio’s People strategy;
- Assisting the organization in the identification and defensive retention of key talent;
- Developing, implementing, and advising on people policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with employment laws;
- Developing and evolving compensation guidelines, budgets, and option allocations;
- Evolving our employer brand strategy, diversity and inclusion strategy, and;
- Other related duties as required.
What you should have:
- 10+ years experience leading cross-functional teams in the People or HR department of a rapid-growth tech company;
- Deep knowledge of best (or next) practices across the People portfolio, especially in the areas of performance and leadership development, strategic business partnership, and HR operations. Bonus points if you have experience/expertise in recruiting and facilities management!
- Experience leading large, cross-functional change initiatives;
- Strong opinions (loosely held) on what it takes for an organization to be both human and high performing;
- Hustle, confidence, humility, and an awesome sense of humour.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.