We are currently seeking a PR and Social Media Specialist to join our Marketing Team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management software, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50/Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
We’re seeking a dynamic PR and Social Media Specialist with a proven track record of strategizing, implementing, and executing world-class public relations and organic social media programs. You will guide and execute the media relations, award submissions, and organic social media strategies for a disruptive SaaS company that leads the legal space. Working closely with peers and senior leaders, you will own how Clio is presented in the market from a public relations point of view and drive our 2020 organic social narrative and following.
- Manage and build Clio’s presence in the tech and legal sector.
- Develop and execute on public relations opportunities for Clio and its business groups by telling Clio’s story in line with business objectives, department goals, and company vision.
- Develop engaging press releases and pitch notes that represent Clio to the world.
- Plan and be accountable for the media experience and secure coverage at the Clio Cloud Conference, the largest conference in the legal tech industry.
- Track and report on media coverage.
- Plan and execute a social media calendar for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram that incorporates external opportunities, product launches, and customer profiles, to drive audiences to engage with our brand and read our thought leadership content.
- Work closely with the brand, customer, product, and content teams to tell a cohesive story about Clio’s place in the market.
- Suggest and handle award submissions (we win a lot of them).
- Ensure Clions are aware of our award wins and positive news coverage so that they can amplify the news through their own social networks.
- A public relations and social media specialist with 3-5 years of experience.
- A storyteller first.
- Not afraid to hit the phone lines with a pitch and understand the importance of building strong relationships with the media.
- Creative, trustworthy, engaging, organized, and passionate about communications in all of its many forms.
- A skilled writer, whether it’s press releases, talking points, or pitch notes.
- Comfortable working independently, but are a team player and want what’s best for the company.
- Able to excel in fast-paced work environments and juggle multiple deadlines.
- Obsessed with results and invested in helping Clio win.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- You have experience in SaaS and/or the legal industry.
- Are into the idea of working at a dog-friendly office (even if you’re really Team Cat).
- Have a portfolio that showcases your success securing media and social coverage.
- Are excited by the thought of working in an environment that will both challenge you and support you in your career growth.
Here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending.
- An RRSP matching program.
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.