At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’ve got ambitious goals, hopes, and dreams - just like you. We’re on a mission to transform the legal profession, for good, by serving a better solution to a centuries old profession. We believe we work better as a diverse and inclusive team, and take time to share our learnings. You’ll have the chance to work on a product that truly changes lives. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too.
As the head of our design organization, you will be leading leaders - overseeing a group of 18 designers with a strong performance oriented culture. Our designers work in close collaboration with their product management and engineering counterparts and are part of every step of the product development lifecycle, from strategic planning to shipping great user experiences. You will build and execute on a design vision and process, foster a diverse and inclusive design culture and develop the careers of our design community in a rapid growth organization.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Define how users should experience Clio in 3-5 years
- Communicate this vision to rest of Clio
- Influence Clio’s overall strategy with this vision
- Design the design organization
- Develop the career and skills of our design team
- Manage the team and individual performance of our designers
- Attracting and hiring the best design talent
- Set the bar of the quality of design at Clio
- Weave design throughout our product development process
- Evangelize the importance of user experience and design at Clio
You Should Have:
- 1+ years experience managing design managers
- 5+ years experience building digital products
- Worked on a digital product beyond version 1
- Based in (or relocating to) Vancouver, BC
Nice To Have:
- Experience building SaaS products
- Experience building for SMB or Consumers
- Experience Service Design & Brand Design
- How should customers experience Clio in 3-5 years?
- How should the industry experience Clio in 3-5 years?
- How should our talent hubs experience Clio in 3-5 years?
At Clio, you have the freedom to choose your own path (and change it) and build a meaningful career that works for you. Excellent health and mental wellness coverage, 4 weeks vacation time + unlimited responsible sick time, paid volunteer time, stock options, RRSP Matching, RESP contribution, parental leave options, education spending, top tech, beautiful work space, flexible working hours - all built around a culture of human and high-performance.
This is the place for people who want to make their mark.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Clio, we do our best to create an inclusive environment and selection process, where diverse teams can thrive. We believe there are many paths and backgrounds that can lead to the perfect opportunity, and encourage all candidates to apply