We are looking for a People Operations Specialist to join our People team in Burnaby!
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether through our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices.
As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies, we employ nearly 500 individuals globally with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Clio’s People Team is on a mission to build and scale a company that is both human and high-performing. Our People Operations team are the architects behind Clio’s people systems and processes and are key players in our scaling challenge. They are the guardians of our HR tech stack, our compensation philosophy and review process, and our people analytics engine.
If you are energized by the challenge of solving traditional HR problems in a decidedly non-traditional way, defines yourself as an analytical problem solver, and thrive in environments of rapid growth and continuous change, then this is the place for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify and recommend improvements to internal people processes that will allow us to scale and support our significant growth goals;
- A thought partner in the implementation of our new HRIS, provide technical project management, configuration support, change management, and employee education;
- Once implemented, maintain data integrity and information security of our People systems, in close partnership with our colleagues in the IT and Finance teams;
- Create and iterate on documentation for current and future-state People processes, including People data, systems, technology infrastructure, and business processes;
- Build, maintain, and optimize reporting practices and dashboards to support our evolving People Analytics strategy;
- Maintain and iterate on Clio’s approach to total compensation, ensuring we can competitively attract and retain top talent in functions across the business;
- Be the initial point of contact for compensation-related questions, responding to inquiries around compensation practices, benchmarking, and internal equity;
- Facilitate our salary review process, including refreshing salary data, submission to salary surveys, and coordination of communication and meeting schedules;
- Support immigration and global mobility requests/activities, as required;
- Additional duties, as required.
You should have:
- 4+ years experience in the People and/or Finance function of a rapid-growth tech company;
- Knowledge of best practices in compensation strategy and process;
- Advanced-level spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets or Excel; you love pivot tables, V-Lookups, and Index Matches), plus an eagerness to learn new technologies;
- Experience with a modern HRIS such as BambooHR or Workday;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize/adapt quickly to changing priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and comfort engaging in conversations with leaders at all levels;
- Hustle, confidence, humility, and an awesome sense of humour.
Bonus points if you have:
- [...or are working towards] A related designation (CCP or CPHR);
- Been apart of a HRIS transformation project;
- Experience helping global organizations scale;
- Expertise in Canadian immigration pathways and processes.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options, education spending, and an RRSP matching program.
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.