We are currently seeking a Manager, Security Operations to join our Infrastructure Security team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
As a Manager, Security Operations at Clio, you will report to our VP of Engineering. You will work closely with our Application Security and Corporate Security teams. You will be responsible for scaling our Infrastructure Security team from a technology, process and hiring perspective.
You will develop and run our security monitoring and response program, as well as be an advocate and advisor for security overall. If you have a strong operations background with a passion for security and experience in cloud-first environments then we want to speak with you.
What you'll be doing:
- Recommend, implement, and maintain tools to ensure evidence of abuse or compromise is detected and collected.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and testing of security incident response plan.
- Investigate potential security incidents and serve as an initial incident responder.
- Stay up to date with current methods of compromise and tools.
- Contribute to general infrastructure security education and documentation.
- Lead a team, provide mentorship on best practice.
What you should have:
- Strong understanding of threat vectors and indicators of compromise.
- Ability to identify malicious behavior and emerging threats via log analysis
- Experience with log aggregation and SIEM technologies
- Experience with incident response
- Scripting ability (python, bash)
- Experience working in a cloud-first organization including familiarity with AWS and GSuite
- Strong Linux experience
- Exposure to threat modeling techniques
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Security certifications such as OSCP or CISSP
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or strong desire to learn
- Strong AWS security experience on EC2 and managed services
- Cloud security knowledge (AWS, GSuite, GitHub, CASB, IdP)
- Infrastructure security (firewalls, ACLs, authentication, device hardening)
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.