At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’ve got ambitious goals, hopes, and dreams - just like you. We’re on a mission to transform the legal profession, for good, by serving a better solution to a centuries old profession. We believe we work better as a diverse and inclusive team, and take time to share our learnings. You’ll have the chance to work on a product that truly changes lives. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too.
We’re looking for a Director of Data Engineering who can help build our data engineering pipelines and workflows. This is a new team at Clio and one we expect to invest in heavily over time so we are looking for someone who wants to get their hands dirty and build a team from scratch.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the architecture design, development, test, and delivery of large-scale data pipelines and ETL workflows.
- Work on large-scale data extraction, processing, and transformations to enable data science efforts.
- Maintain and expand a secure and scalable data infrastructure.
- Drive understanding and buy-in among all stakeholders at all levels.
- Lead code reviews, design sessions, and technical documentation.
- Hire, retain and grow the data engineering technical talent.
- Be a great technical manager to your reports and build a Human and High Performing team.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- 5+ years experience in designing, implementing and maintaining large-scale data pipelines and ETL tools
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing and large scale computing
- Expert working with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Experience working with stream processing solutions such as Kafkas and Spark
- Experience with data warehousing tools such as Redshift, BigQuery, and Athena
- Experience with repeatable deployment strategies (eg: infrastructure as code)
- Understanding of design and implementation of distributed systems
- Proficient with Python, PySpark, SQL
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience with machine learning and data analytics
- Prior experience with dashboarding tools, such as Tableau, Mode, Looker
- Prior experience with AWS Glue, EMR, MySQL
Excellent health and mental wellness coverage, 4 weeks vacation time + unlimited responsible sick time, paid volunteer time, stock options, RRSP Matching, RESP contribution, parental leave options, education spending, top tech, beautiful work space, flexible working hours - all built around a culture of human and high-performance. Phew. But more than all the perks and benefits - at Clio, you have the freedom to choose your own path (and change it) and build a meaningful career that works for you.
This is the place for people who want to make their mark.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Clio, we do our best to create an inclusive environment and selection process, where diverse teams can thrive. We believe there are many paths and backgrounds that can lead to the perfect opportunity, and encourage all candidates to apply.