We are currently seeking a Copywriter to join our Marketing Team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management software, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
What you'll be doing:
- Write, edit, and, proofread copy for the content and marketing teams, third-party contributors, and, at times, other Clio departments.
- Craft exceptional SEO-driven copy that includes but is not limited to landing pages, whitepapers, guides, and sponsored content.
- Work closely with Product Marketing to ensure copy about our offerings and updates are clear and effective.
- Write innovative and captivating messaging for a variety of audiences, regions, and mediums.
- Incorporate Clio’s key messages into copy to ensure a cohesive narrative across multiple channels.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to determine conceptual themes for print and online initiatives.
- Be a champion for the editorial tone, style, and voice of all content, and ensure brand consistency.
- Help determine strategies for website navigation and organization.
- Actively participate in content brainstorming sessions.
- Write and/or provide guidance on additional writing projects as required.
What you should have:
- Have a degree in communications, journalism, or English.
- Have 3+ years of copywriting (either in-house or agency) experience.
- Cursed with the gift of grammatical acumen. You’re tyrannical with your typing and could write a book on how to grammar-shame.
- Mastered the fine art of crafting engaging long-form and website content that is SEO optimized.
- Possess superior organizational skills and have the innate ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Are unafraid of extreme deadlines.
- Are endowed with the powers of timeliness. You cringe at the thought of being late for a meeting.
- Empowered with the innate ability to listen and understand stakeholder needs, goals, and subsequent feedback.
- Proud of your superhuman attention to detail. There will be many last minute, pressure-edits for you to embrace. You will be the first and last line of defence against typograph1cal errorz.
- Proven ability to communicate in written and verbal form.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- You have experience in SaaS and/or the legal industry.
- Are into the idea of working at a dog-friendly office (even if you’re really Team Cat all the way).
- Have a portfolio that showcases your range and use of multiple brand voices and tones.
- Are excited by the thought of working in an environment that will both challenge you and support you in your career growth.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.