We are currently seeking a VP of Corporate Development to join our team.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 450 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
On the heels of our latest funding round, our VP of Corporate Development will oversee the development and execution of the Clio’s strategic growth strategy. The Vice President of Corporate Development will source, evaluate and execute acquisitions, make strategic decisions, and be a key member in driving company growth and profitability targets. The VP of Corporate Development will work closely with all members of the executive team (in particular, Clio’s CEO, COO, CFO and VP of Product).
Who you are:
- Hands-on leader with a proven track record of developing strategy and tactics which drive rapid growth, enhance performance, achieve a long-term vision, and maximize value for Clio.
- Deep product instincts with a customer centric mentality and revenue-building orientation.
- Effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate a vision and value proposition to potential customers and partners, as well as internal stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Executing on all aspects of strategic acquisitions, partnerships and investments from inception through due diligence, valuation, negotiation, closing and integration.
- Researching legal technology participants and competitive landscape, conducting in-depth company evaluations to uncover risks and opportunities, and investigate industry trends relevant to Clio’s business.
- Developing complex financial models and create presentations for Clio’s senior leadership (CEO, COO, CFO, etc.) summarizing findings and recommendations.
- Working collaboratively across the entire organization to compile and manage company growth strategy, which includes analyzing and providing recommendations to the executive leadership team.
- Working closely with Clio’s finance team and product leaders to prepare and analyze financial models for potential acquisitions and growth opportunities
What you should have:
- 10+ years of Mergers and Acquisitions related experience
- Proven ability to quickly identify a large volume of deal targets and also fill a M&A leads pipeline
- Deep experience and independent ability to prepare M&A financial models analyzing potential investments
- Experience scaling a software company or business at a comparable stage to Clio
- Understanding of SaaS metrics and valuation drivers
- Strong relationship-building abilities, given the large number of potential M&A focus areas and targets, but balanced with transaction/deal orientation
- Ability to travel as needed
Here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- Stock options
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, generous vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.