We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Business Operations in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breakingLegal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere.
With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
The Business Operations (“BizOps”) team at Clio is focused on driving results for the company through strategic, operational, and data-driven improvements throughout the organization. Led by our Chief Operations Officer, the team plays a key role in shaping Clio’s long-term strategy and solving complex questions and challenges, in partnership with executives and business leaders across the organization. Recent initiatives have addressed such topics as formulating long-term strategic priorities, go-to-market strategy for a new product, and acquisition opportunities. In 2017, this team was recognized as Team of the Year by BC Tech Association at the Technology Impact Awards! Your work will have an immediate and meaningful impact, and you will be supported with a full tech stack and the infrastructure of an outstanding team.
Who you are
We aren’t looking for just any traditional BI Analyst to join this team. We’re looking for someone who will have a fundamental role in setting our company’s overall BI strategy; someone who thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment, and someone who lives and breathes our values. We’re looking for an innovator!
What you'll be doing
- Building dashboards for the top-line company goals, including Targets and OKRs, which are used for board meetings, exec meetings and org-wide Town Halls;
- Scoping, designing and supporting the reporting for new roles and initiatives;
- Building out the modelling layer (LookML) of our dashboard ecosystem;
- Enabling Clions to answer operational business questions and self-serve by building out our BI tech stack so that it’s easy to use and by providing support and training to end users;
- Setting up anomaly detection and drilling into anomalies when appropriate;
- Ensuring that it’s easy for every VP, director and manager to make data-informed decisions.
What you should have
- A degree in a quantitative field (or equivalent experience);
- Experience with BI tools, data visualization and data enablement;
- At least intermediate experience with SQL;
- Deeply data-driven, naturally curious, and passionate about building data-driven organizations;
- A deep analytical thinker and problem solver;
- Self-motivated, independent, and deadline-oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communicator;
- Self-motivated, independent, and resourceful;
- A passion for learning and willingness to share your knowledge;
- 2-5 years of transferable experience.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders;
- Experience in multiple programming languages.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark;
The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you;
Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending;
An RRSP matching program;
Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.