We are currently looking for a new Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team in our Vancouver or Calgary location. Some exceptions for remote work in Canada may apply.
What your team does:
Our Business Intelligence team is brand new here at Clio, and is part of the larger Data Insights team. Together, we’re focused on stewarding a scientific culture to drive better decisions. Along with the Manager of Business Intelligence, you will be working across departments to empower all stakeholders to make better decisions through data-oriented solutions, with a focus on making data easy and accessible at Clio. You will help our business grow, help our customers succeed, and continuously improve the way we operate.
Who you are:
We aren’t looking for just any traditional Business Intelligence Analyst to join this team. We’re looking for someone who takes data seriously, thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment, and someone who lives and breathes their values. We’re looking for an innovator and a thought leader! We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about driving growth empirically;
- Always looking to innovate with data and explore open-ended questions;
- Strategically minded and never shies away from a challenge;
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and collaboratively;
- Agile and responsive, and comfortable with constant change.
A day in the life might look like:
- Partner with stakeholders, self-serve report creators, the Data Insights Team, and others to create meaningful, intentional data solutions;
- Create and edit data models for users to answer business questions and optimize queries and reports for performance;
- Effectively communicate findings and feedback to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Work with the Business Intelligence Manager to govern our BI environment to empower our self serve stakeholders leveraging data and dashboards;
- Work with the Business Intelligence Manager to proactively identify and resolve gaps in training, learning resources, and other roadblocks preventing stakeholders from leveraging data for decision making.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant quantitative discipline (computing science, statistics, mathematics, etc.);
- 2+ years applied experience in business intelligence and/or data modelling;
- Proficiency in database modeling, SQL, and data warehousing principles;
- Proficiency with data visualization and data storytelling;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Serious bonus points if you:
- Are an expert user at Looker (Clio’s business intelligence tool) and modelling with LookML, or experience with other cloud based business intelligence tools;
- Have experience working with Redshift or other cloud data warehouses;
- Are an expert translating technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers