We are currently seeking a General Manager to join our team in Dublin.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organise and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognised as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognised on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Reporting to our Vancouver-based Chief Operating Officer, this role is responsible for spearheading Clio’s EMEA’s expansion. This includes driving the strategic and operational direction across the cross-functional team, managing the P&L, identifying growth opportunities, and helping guide our EMEA product roadmap. This role will act as the leader for a talented cross-functional team from departments across Clio, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product Development and Design.
Who you are
We’re looking for a strategic business thinker with a strong background in SaaS sales, strong product instincts and the ability to lead cross-functional teams. This job relies heavily on leading through influence and being an internal champion, while also requiring a working knowledge of the SaaS revenue funnel and the customer journey. This role is ideal for a polymath who is data-driven and growth-focused, with a strong affinity for sales.
What you’ll be doing
- Crafting the strategic vision for EMEA and communicating it to the company;
- Lead our EMEA expansion initiative, office, and team;
- Interview, hire, and mentor new and current EMEA employees;
- Build our local customer base, product brand, and hiring brand;
- Creating annual and quarterly plans that will tackle the vision in stages;
- Operating cross-functionally to marshal the resources required to deliver;
- Prepare and lead monthly business reviews for Clio’s executive leadership team
- Supervise Clio’s sales, business development, and customer development efforts;
- Directly manage, mentor and expand our current sales team;
- Contribute content and research to Clio’s array of publicly accessible resources, including articles, white papers, videos, slide decks, etc.;
- Represent Clio at approximately 10 to 15 live events and other engagements per calendar year;
- Deliver live presentations (web and in-person) to current and prospective clients, business partners, and law schools;
- Cultivate relationships with law schools, law societies, channel partners, customers, and Clio staff;
- Understand, promote, and continually educate self about Clio products, services, and feature releases.
You should have:
- 5+ years experience working as a technology sales leader or similar;
- Experience leading cross-functional teams with revenue targets;
- Deeply data-driven, naturally curious, and passionate about working with others to drive growth;
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (or similar);
- Meticulously organised and task-driven;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated, independent, and deadline-oriented.
- Humility plus strong opinions that are loosely held.
- Ability to travel up to 10% - 20% of the year.
As the General Manager in this office, and as part of a self-sufficient EMEA team, you will advocate and pioneer the office culture and practices of Clio’s strategic European expansion. Expect a fast-paced culture with the ability to transform an industry, and your career. Here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- A pension matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.