We are currently seeking a Payroll and Benefits Clerk to join our Finance team in Burnaby, Calgary or Toronto.
Why join our Finance Team?
You will be joining a high performing and hard-working team that values having fun at work. We strive to meet our deadlines, but as with all accountants - we worship balance as well. Your position will be an integral part of the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparation of semi-monthly and monthly payroll in a timely and accurate manner;
- Assist with monthly, and quarterly commission and bonus calculations;
- Reconcile payroll and benefits, and manage the flow of information to the general ledger to ensure costs are allocated to the correct account and cost centre;
- Preparation of provincial and federal reporting and remittances (i.e. WCB, WSIB, EHT, ROEs, etc.);
- Assist with year-end reconciliations and tax form preparation (T4s, T4As, Form 2220s, WCB, WSIB, EHT, etc.);
- Monitor the email@example.com inbox and respond to internal and external payroll and benefit inquiries;
- Draft employee agreements and internal employee adjustments letters;
- Coordinate and process information for new hires, resignations and terminations (i.e. calculations, letters, and ROE);
- Support benefit plan administration, which includes the initial setup for new hires, employee record maintenance and status changes;
- Preparation of short-term and long-term disability applications;
- Maintain operating manuals for all payroll, benefit and insurance processes;
- Maintain an effective and confidential filing system for all documentation relating to payroll procedures and employee files;
- Preparation of documents for annual audit and other ad-hoc external payroll and tax audits;
- Assist in managing and maintaining the payroll and HRIS system, as well as making recommendations to improve the scalability and efficiency of internal payroll and benefit processes;
- Assist with preparing and implementing a new HRIS system;
- Preparation of month-end and ad-hoc reporting.
What you should have:
- Understanding of finance and payroll services;
- An analytical thinker and problem solver;
- Meticulously organized and task-driven;
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communicator;
- Self-motivated, independent, and deadline-oriented.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers