We are currently seeking an Art Director.
Who we are:
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. In our 2018 holiday greeting, we celebrated everything lawyers accomplished that year. In a recent customer video, we captured how the lawyers on the California Innocence Project have fought to free the wrongfully incarcerated from prison and how they use Clio to manage over 2,000 requests per year—and the success they've achieved.
As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
What we are looking for:
Reporting to the Creative Director, we are seeking an Art Director to lead the visual execution of Clio’s brand and strategic initiatives including the Clio Cloud Conference and Legal Trends Report. These responsibilities include creating and communicating visual concepts across multiple mediums, implementing marketing strategies and developing great design solutions that resonate with our target audience and generate results. The Art Director will manage the look and feel of campaigns, partnering with marketing managers, growth marketers, and content teams. They will take the lead on multiple projects and deliver the final product with the highest creative standards. They will also serve as a mentor and manage less-experienced team members.
Your visual design sensibilities should be top-notch, and you have the ability to translate a brand into distinctive looks that tell the story of Clio that resonates with our audiences.
What you have:
- 6+ years of experience with a strong and diverse portfolio of advertising campaigns.
- Background in an agency environment or in-house marketing departments preferred.
- Experience leading visual identity creation and refreshes.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Expert in coming up with outstanding 360-degree advertising campaign ideas, seeing them through from the concepting stage all the way through to post-production (TV, radio, digital, print, OOH, social, experiential, etc.)
- Expert with InDesign, Keynote, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Motion graphics/video experience a bonus.
- Expert in executing photoshoots, TV productions and other large projects.
- Excellent communication skills in order to present concepts and rationale for art direction decisions.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate creative approaches and come up with unexpected, original and innovative ideas.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the visual execution of the Clio brand and key initiatives including Clio Con and the Legal Trends Report.
- Use and leverage metrics to drive design and measure success.
- Participate with other members of the creative team to develop excellent creative campaign ideas.
- Actively participate in team meetings to discuss assignment parameters and execute strong campaigns.
- Generate a range of ideas and designs to solve marketing problems and accomplish this through personal efforts and by effectively managing broad project parameters, less experienced team members and outside freelancers.
- Contribute a range of solutions to marketing problems while developing further knowledge and understanding of the Clio’s business.
- Regularly present creative campaigns internally.
- Participate in production process to ensure integrity of final product (print, video or digital production).
- Build relationships with the team, partner agencies, photographers, freelancers, and other vendors.
- Contribute to the innovative development of the creative department.
- Participate in strategic brainstorming, concept development, creative brief development, and creative execution.
If this is you, send us your portfolio and resume, along with any of your links to blogs, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.
What we offer:
We could talk to you about our dog-friendly office, ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending.
- An RRSP matching program.
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.