We are currently seeking a SEO Content Strategist to join our Marketing Team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Our Marketing Team is expanding quickly and we are seeking a SEO Content Strategist with a deep understanding of search engine optimization and ranking best practices to ensure we maintain our #1 position on existing pages, continue to move the needle on our keyword targets, and drive non-brand keyword strategy and organic traffic growth.
You are known for creating relevant, crisp, and catchy headlines and copy that instantly grab a readers’ attention as equally as it does search engine crawlers. You’re not afraid to be held accountable for web traffic and page rankings—in fact, the idea of generating more site visits excites you because you know how big of an impact you can have on this metric.
As an SEO Content Strategist, you know it’s equally as important to answer questions prospective customers are already searching for as it is to educate them on things they may not know they need. You’re ready to write in-depth, thoughtful, and above all discoverable content after thorough research on the legal industry to ensure legal professionals know Clio is the leading solution to managing and growing their firms.
Join our growing Content and Communications team and drive our business goals by helping everyone on our marketing team keep SEO best practices top of mind.
Who you are:
- Have a degree in communications, journalism, or English with a strong SEO acumen.
- Have 3+ years of SEO copywriting (either in-house or agency) experience.
- Have case studies in which you implemented SEO best practices to a brand and saw results.
- Cursed with the gift of grammatical acumen. You’re tyrannical with your typing and could write a book on how to grammar-shame.
- Craft exceptional website conversion copy that includes that incorporates SEO and key message goals in an authentic and natural way.
- Have strong opinions that are loosely held (meaning you are are open to constructive dialogue about delivering the best product).
- Possess superior organizational skills and have the innate ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Are endowed with the powers of timeliness. You cringe at the thought of being late for a meeting, and you rise to the occasion when deadlines are tight.
- Empowered with the innate ability to listen and understand stakeholder needs, goals, and subsequent feedback.
- Proven ability to communicate in written and verbal form.
What you’ll be doing;
- Drive non-brand keyword strategy and organic traffic growth
- Work closely with the Marketing Operations team to ensure we are hitting website goals, while also working with Product Marketing to ensure copy about our offerings is up-to-date, clear, and effective.
- Optimize current copy and write new SEO-friendly copy for our website, various campaigns, and profile pages (page titles, meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.)
- Research trending topics within the legal and legal technology spheres to help direct content and growth marketing efforts for a variety of segments, regions, and mediums.
- Definite and implement a non-brand keyword strategy that intertwines Clio’s key messages with keyword targets.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to determine conceptual themes for online initiatives and provide SEO guidance.
- Be a champion for the editorial tone, style, and voice of all content, and ensure brand consistency.
- Help determine strategies for website navigation and organization.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- You have experience in SaaS and/or the legal industry.
- Are into the idea of working at a dog-friendly office (even if you’re really Team Cat all the way).
- Are excited by the thought of working in an environment that will both challenge you and support you in your career growth.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.