Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere.
With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Our Product Growth team is a cross-functional team dedicated to optimizing key product funnel metrics such as acquisition, activation, monetization and virality. You will be working as an embedded data scientist on the Product Growth team, collaborating to guide rapid iterations of hypothesis, prioritization, experimentation, analysis and roll-out (supported by our Director of Data Insights and team of data scientists and research analysts). You will help build a scientific culture in our Product team, help our business grow, and help our customers succeed.
Who You Are:
We aren’t looking for just any traditional Data Scientist to join this team. We’re looking for someone who takes data seriously, thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment, and someone who lives and breathes their values. We’re looking for an innovator and a thought leader! We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about driving growth empirically;
- Always looking to innovate with data and explore open-ended questions;
- Strategically minded and never shies away from a challenge;
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and collaboratively;
- Agile and responsive, and comfortable with constant change.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Collaborate with the Growth and Insights teams to identify opportunities, develop hypotheses, and run experiments that drive growth;
- Identify new questions about our business, product, and customers that lead to impactful growth insights;
- Build predictive models to forecast the impact of specific growth initiatives;
- Establish requirements and best practices for event tracking, testing frameworks, and other data collection to enable new product insights in a scalable and predictable way;
- Innovate new techniques in statistical analysis, machine learning, and data mining to unlock opportunities in our products;
- Build a scientific culture in the Product team by enabling discussions with data, disseminating best practices, and leading by example.
You should have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant quantitative discipline (computing science, statistics, mathematics, etc.)
- 2+ years applied experience in data science;
- Experience in product analytics working with product and user behaviour data;
- Proficiency in database modeling, SQL, and data warehousing principles;
- Proficiency in developing analysis in Python, R, or a similar language;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Serious bonus points if you:
- Have a deep understanding of SaaS business metrics and growth drivers;
- Have experience with large data sets;
- Have experience rapidly iterating on experiments such as A/B tests.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.