Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Our Data Science team is focused on stewarding a scientific culture that makes better decisions and learns from experience. You will be working alongside the Director of Data Insights to help leaders across departments develop and deploy data-driven insights. You will help our business grow, help our customers succeed, and continuously improve the way we operate.
Who You Are:
We aren’t looking for just any traditional Data Scientist to join this team. We’re looking for someone who takes data seriously, thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment, and someone who lives and breathes their values. We’re looking for an innovator and a thought leader! We’re looking for someone who is:
- Always looking to innovate with data and explore open-ended questions;
- Strategically minded and never shies away from a challenge;
- Passionate about approaching things empirically;
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and collaboratively;
- Agile and responsive, and comfortable with constant change;
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Performing deep research and analysis into open-ended business questions, developing novel hypotheses, and communicating results to stakeholders to drive action;
- Identifying new questions about our business, product, and customers and proposing research projects;
- Collaborating with stakeholders to develop research, hypotheses, and experiments that drive results;
- Making essential business data available and usable for new analysis;
- Innovating new techniques in statistical analysis, machine learning, and data mining to unlock opportunities in the business;
- Supporting a scientific culture by enabling discussions with data, disseminating best practices, and leading by example.
You should have:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant discipline (computing science, statistics, etc.)
- 2+ years applied experience in data science;
- Proficient in database modelling, SQL, and data warehousing principles;
- Proficient in developing analysis in Python, R, or a similar language;
- Self-motivated, creative and lives a learning mindset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Comfortable working independently and making key decisions on projects.
Serious bonus points if you:
- Have experience with large data sets
- Have experience driving change through evidence-based decision making
- Researching open-ended questions in a scientific matter that are related to the business
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.