We are currently seeking a Director of People Operations to join our People Team in Burnaby!
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Our People team is hyper-focused on becoming one of the most human and high-performing teams in the world. People Operations is critical to creating an environment that will enable Clions to do the best work of their lives, and feel engaged, supported, and joyful while doing it. As a key member of our People Leadership Team, you will contribute your vision, strategy, and tactical expertise to helping our team put a permanent dent in the universe!
What you’ll be doing:
- Shape the vision, strategic direction, and tactical roadmap for a brand new People Operations function at Clio;
- Hire, develop, and manage a small team of People Operations professionals;
- Champion the pursuit of operational excellence at scale across all back-end processes and workflows associated with people;
- Design and implement an effective operational infrastructure that supports our leaders and People Business Partners in making strategic people decisions, hiring forecasts, and growth plans for the future;
- Own the evolution of Clio’s Total Compensation strategy and review process to ensure we are competitively attracting and retaining top talent;
- Shepherd the development of our People Analytics capabilities, using existing and yet-to-be-collected People data to enable better decision-making across the business;
- Act as a subject matter expert for our People Business Partners, Talent Acquisition team, Payroll specialists, and hiring managers in conversations and decisions related to compensation, job evaluation, and related people operations;
- Represent People Operations on the People Leadership Team and, as needed, in front of the Clio Executive team and Board of Directors.
You should have:
- 7-10 years experience in the People function of a rapid-growth tech company, including subject matter expertise in HR Systems/Tools, Compensation, and/or People Analytics;
- Experience managing teams with a track record of high-performance (bonus if you have experience managing managers);
- Experience working cross-functionally on organizational change initiatives of significant size, scope, and budget;
- Ability to operate autonomously or in close collaboration with other leaders, as needed;
- A vision for a best-in-class total compensation strategy and deep knowledge of best practices in compensation;
- Experience leading change management efforts for complex HRIS/HCM implementations (e.g., Workday, UltiPro, ADP, etc);
- Experience building dashboards that can take complex metrics and display them in a way that is understandable and actionable;
- Advanced-level spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets or Excel). Bonus if you understand database concepts, including the ability to write SQL queries;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize/adapt quickly to changing priorities;
- Hustle and humility.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.